Central NC Hunting land

rlhans00

Spike
The previous landowner sold his property so I have lost my land to hunt. If anyone knows of a club or lease in the triad area, please let me know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
The previous landowner sold his property so I have lost my land to hunt. If anyone knows of a club or lease in the triad area, please let me know. Thanks!

They say there is no land for lease in that area. At least the northern half.

JoeH

Six Pointer
I’m in the Greensboro area, and like others have said, Uwharrie and Caswell are your options around here.

Caswell is the best-managed Gameland in NC, IMO.
The only problem with it is they allow dog hunters on it, some whom seem to make a point of driving around until they find where another hunter is parked, then releasing their dogs there to ruin his hunt.
Fortunately they’re only a problem during gun season, not ML or archery.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I’m in the Greensboro area, and like others have said, Uwharrie and Caswell are your options around here.

Caswell is the best-managed Gameland in NC, IMO.
The only problem with it is they allow dog hunters on it, some whom seem to make a point of driving around until they find where another hunter is parked, then releasing their dogs there to ruin his hunt.
Fortunately they’re only a problem during gun season, not ML or archery.

It's public land, you could very easily have a group of hikers walk right under you stand. You, the dog hunters, and anyone else have equal rights to PUBLIC land.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
The best tract for hunting I have right now is 72 acres, just south of Asheboro for $201,600, that's $2,800/acre...It has a pretty nice tract of white oaks, red oaks and hickory and backs up to a pretty big cutover that is a good bedding area...

It's not gonna get any better, think about buying now, while the economy is still doing well...Carolina Farm Credit can help with financing if needed..

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The best tract for hunting I have right now is 72 acres, just south of Asheboro for $201,600, that's $2,800/acre...It has a pretty nice tract of white oaks, red oaks and hickory and backs up to a pretty big cutover that is a good bedding area...

It's not gonna get any better, think about buying now, while the economy is still doing well...Carolina Farm Credit can help with financing if needed..

This is probably the best advice you’re going to get.

It’s at a nice price too.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns

Dang that would be tempting if it wasn't so far of a drive from here.