Central NC Bass lakes

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Well to give extreme examples
Bobby Murray almost won the first bass masters classic on lake mead on a spinner bait and Clunn did win a us open on Mead fishing a spinnerbait

it don’t get any clearer than mead.
we almost won a boat in October on Norman pre spot fishing a spinnerbait up fast on piers. The poor bass would be 17 inches long and weigh two lbs. 😊

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Well to give extreme examples
Bobby Murray almost won the first bass masters classic on lake mead on a spinner bait and Clunn did win a us open on Mead fishing a spinnerbait

it don’t get any clearer than mead.
we almost won a boat in October on Norman pre spot fishing a spinnerbait up fast on piers. The poor bass would be 17 inches long and weigh two lbs. 😊

I threw it a lot yesterday and never got bit on it in some fairly clear water. They bit the frittside and the jig though. Caught 19 in 3.5 hours with the old man. I wish I could go over the next couple days again……things are right now. B1939211-01C7-4560-8745-6CB60A7F9733.jpeg07AE3C4F-0696-4957-B37B-CAD071B4FDEC.jpegDA63E87F-07F8-431E-A0A7-DFDFA7F8FA99.jpegA3F9EF78-8349-4DB3-89E0-81D6B00B078D.jpeg

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
To tell the truth I cant remember the last spinnerbait fish i caught. I have given it up to fish swim jigs and chatterbaits.
After dying one day many springs ago on my spinnerbait sword (Beat 38 fish to my 7) BY a friend using a chatterbait - it's a non factor for me- clear or muddy water.
You're right @Duckmauler dhc , they are "right" now in the tin boat lakes.
Nice catch, tell Pop to smile next time. :)

JWH15

Six Pointer
I love throwing a spinnerbait on buggs, they crush it up there. But it's getting stripey time for me :mosh:. If i could catch stripers on a swimbait year round up there I don't know if I'd bass fish.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
To tell the truth I cant remember the last spinnerbait fish i caught. I have given it up to fish swim jigs and chatterbaits.
After dying one day many springs ago on my spinnerbait sword (Beat 38 fish to my 7) BY a friend using a chatterbait - it's a non factor for me- clear or muddy water.
You're right @Duckmauler dhc , they are "right" now in the tin boat lakes.
Nice catch, tell Pop to smile next time. :)

The chatterbait has been my nemesis ever since it came out. I have never been good with it and I’ve honestly never seen a day where someone else in the boat with me was catching more on it than what I was throwing or where it was “the only thing to throw that day” I like watching some of the pros catch them on it but I just haven’t ever gotten the hang of it. And I’ve never seen a bait lose a fish like a chatter bait will, especially a big fish. I love swimming a jig though.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The chatterbait has been my nemesis ever since it came out. I have never been good with it and I’ve honestly never seen a day where someone else in the boat with me was catching more on it than what I was throwing or where it was “the only thing to throw that day” I like watching some of the pros catch them on it but I just haven’t ever gotten the hang of it. And I’ve never seen a bait lose a fish like a chatter bait will, especially a big fish. I love swimming a jig though.
well you have to hook them to lose them. The chatterbaits worst attribute to me is tendency to hang on wood cover. But you can fix that with the right trailer.
I have seen days when it was absolutely the best bait and like I said became thoroughly convinced when a guy behind you in March catches 38 and you catch 7 on my best lure a spinnerbait.
The BS I heard in Daddy's tackle shop on that deal was enough to convert me. :)
I hope to toss it around tomorrow.