Cellular Cameras or security camera uses

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
How many of y'all are running either cellular or security video cameras this year? Amazing how far technology has changed the information you can gather. Have you embraced it or pushed away from them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Well, I'll comment just so you don't think anybody cares. I don't have any and probably won't. Firstly, I'm not going to try and justify the additional expense. Secondly, I enjoy the anticipation of going out and checking the cams every couple of weeks to see what has happened by. it's a good time just sitting in front of the computer and enjoying the pictures, wondering what is on the next one.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have two spy points. Not really a big fan of cameras, but got such a good deal on theses I thought I'd try on farms in Va. So far been everything seems good. I get my pics sent twice a day. No problems so far.

Think they would be ideal in your situation. Lot of advantages when your a long ways away from your hunting property.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I run 3 Spartans now, 15 Brownings & 1 Arlo in Kentucky. Some are on gates, inside garage, and in house. The real time posting of pictures is helpful for movement being away from the area so much. I really have fun with the Arlo's on the coast but batteries are an issue. Bears are a blast to watchand hear on video clips. I see the next round of change going to full time video vs pictures on most all cameras.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I run 3 Spartans now, 15 Brownings & 1 Arlo in Kentucky. Some are on gates, inside garage, and in house. The real time posting of pictures is helpful for movement being away from the area so much. I really have fun with the Arlo's on the coast but batteries are an issue. Bears are a blast to watchand hear on video clips. I see the next round of change going to full time video vs pictures on most all cameras.

Have you tried rechargeables for the ARLO? The break-even is 2-3 sets.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
No I have not just use battery pack that came with. Have extra that change out, being we watch them like tv while we are there they don't tend to last long. Not as much an Arlo issue as an addiction to watching them issue.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'd use the cellular cams to monitor the non-cellular ones that keep getting stolen in my neck of the woods.