Cell Cam Bear/Security Box

82ndAirborneVet

Four Pointer
I just put in a backorder for 2 bear/security boxes through Gander Mtn. for my Reveal X's but does anyone know of somewhere to find a box that will work for them or an actual date of it being shipped to retailers? If I put mine on a tree with a strap and a cable where I live in ENC the bear will be using it as dental floss if they come to the mineral and feeding sites and I don't really want to give them a $120 toothpick! Any info would be appreciated!

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I just put in a backorder for 2 bear/security boxes through Gander Mtn. for my Reveal X's but does anyone know of somewhere to find a box that will work for them or an actual date of it being shipped to retailers? If I put mine on a tree with a strap and a cable where I live in ENC the bear will be using it as dental floss if they come to the mineral and feeding sites and I don't really want to give them a $120 toothpick! Any info would be appreciated!
Go to Lowe’s and buy an electrical shutoff box that fits your cam and cut the face out for the lens and leds
Or buy a small sheet of stainless and bend it for your cam.
they seem to hate the clicking of the shutter and also they love plastic so cams are a treat
For them.

I’ve had much much much less problems with the bears munching my cams since I started hanging all of them like 12’ up in the tree.
Also none get stolen anymore

82ndAirborneVet

Four Pointer
Go to Lowe’s and buy an electrical shutoff box that fits your cam and cut the face out for the lens and leds
they seem to hate the clicking of the shutter and also they love plastic so cams are a treat
For them.

I’ve had much much much less problems with the bears munching my cams since I started hanging all of them like 12’ up in the tree.
Had not thought of that.. appreciate the advice. The shutoff box would prob work just right!

buckman84

Eight Pointer
For them.

Bear proof/ Crack head proof!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The old metal military ammo boxes also work well, can be locked and aren't usually too expensive to modify for a camera. they also will typically hold a 6 volt battery if you re using an charger.

82ndAirborneVet

Four Pointer
Hey so I found something new to use for a bear box-security box. I was told of a guy who basically built one to the size he needed for his camera OUT OF WOOD. Before screwing it together he took small nails and nailed them from the inside sticking out all over the box. He has had it over a bait pile now with bear all around and when they come up to it and get a boo-boo trying to take their paw and rake it down from the nails, guess what they walk away and never bother it again! He put a latch on it, placed a lock and bam.. homemade camera box! Pretty cool idea if you ask me...

Lil Putt

Spike
@82ndAirborneVet vs using the strap, when setting our cameras in bear territory we use 4in wood screws through exsisting holes in the back of the box. Then set the camera in the and put the cover on. Works very well amd haven’t had one pull it off yet.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Do you have a pic of one that you modified to use?
No, I no longer hunt anywhere there are bears so I gave them to buddies over the years.
A few minutes with a air grinder with a cutoff blade and you're done. I used a single lag bolt through the back to secure it to the tree. A 1/4 inch bolt through the bottom with jam nuts kept the camera centered and secured.
Used to you could find ammo boxes dirt cheap at the flea market.

82ndAirborneVet

Four Pointer
Camping world has them in stock as of a few mins ago 10:50am Saturday, and I called Gander Mtn to cancel my others but they miraculously have them in stock now and are mailing them Monday. So here is to 4 boxes!