CCI 209M primers

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Anybody have 2 100 counts they want to sell in Raleigh area? Having a hard time finding them. Perry’s has em by the 1000 ct but I won’t shoot a ML 1000 times in my life. If anyone knows anywhere that sells by 100 please pass it along. Don’t want to order due to hazmat fees.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Assuming for BH209? Bass Pro sells primers by the 100 pack. I've been using non magnum CCI 209 primers with no issues. I'm down to about a half pack but I'll give you 10 or so to test out if you want.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
I have about 20 Remington STS primers left and they’re doing fine but need to restock. Not desperate yet. Thank you for your offer though!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anywhere that sells reloading stuff has them and sells by the 100. Bass Pro, Cabelas, Academy... As many of those stores are in the Raleigh area, you ought to be able to find them.

I'm pretty sure I got CCI 209 primers at Academy here.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I like the Cheddite 209 primers. Rose Hill in Nashville NC is where i picked 100 up last time i needed some.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Anybody have 2 100 counts they want to sell in Raleigh area? Having a hard time finding them. Perry’s has em by the 1000 ct but I won’t shoot a ML 1000 times in my life. If anyone knows anywhere that sells by 100 please pass it along. Don’t want to order due to hazmat fees.

Get a friend to split the cost of the 1,000 count with you. That’s what I did.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've got plenty Cheddite primers if you're up near Winston Salem. They are really good for BH209

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Thanks all, I’ll look into the Cheddite too. Anyone know if Hunters Haven is still around? I’ll look them up today, last time I needed reloading stuff they had it.

Crestliner

Six Pointer
Thanks all, I’ll look into the Cheddite too. Anyone know if Hunters Haven is still around? I’ll look them up today, last time I needed reloading stuff they had it.

If you are referring to the one in Rolesville they are closed.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Hey. I get it. I use the exact same primer and I’ve had the same issue.

How much for 1,000? I may split them with you.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hey. I get it. I use the exact same primer and I’ve had the same issue.

How much for 1,000? I may split them with you.
They keep plenty of the Cheddite primers at the gun shop there in Lexington. That's my go-to source for most reloading stuff, nice folks.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
The CCI 209M aren't that much. I think $40-$42 a 1000. My neighbor may want some too, I can pick up 1000 and we can split it 2 or 3 ways. I think I'll go grab a 1000 when I get a chance.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The CCI 209M aren't that much. I think $40-$42 a 1000. My neighbor may want some too, I can pick up 1000 and we can split it 2 or 3 ways. I think I'll go grab a 1000 when I get a chance.

I'll go in halves or thirds. I'm not far from Knightdale. PM when you are ready.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Ran to cabelas last night in Garner, they sold them by the 100. I did pick up 200 extras. If you want them and are in N Raleigh area let me know

30/06

Twelve Pointer
So shot with CCI mags this weekend, first shot it snapped the primer and no ignition. After leaving the gun leveled at the target for a while I popped in another one and it fired fine, next 5 shots all went fine. The primer that didn’t ignite sounded weak. Now I’m concerned! Only thing I can think of is the breech plug had some ballistol residue in it from cleaning.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
ALWAYS pop one and preferably two primers on a freshly cleaned ML before loading for that exact reason.

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's another reason I like the Cheddite primers, they are sealed well with a lacquer and have always gone pop for me so far.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
So popped a few primers last night after cleaning, I’m 99% sure the primer that popped and didn’t ignite was a dud. The primers I popped last night we’re much louder. Hopefully 1 in a million and won’t happen again. Those magnums are loud.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just went through the same thing. I found a company online that will sell two tins of CCI #11 mag caps at at a time. When I get home I will find and post the companies name I ordered from.

Last edited:

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Bass pro will sell single tins mag cci #11 caps online

Attachments

• caps.png
    caps.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 4