Caswell county bear ........

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mama ran him off this year, before breeding season he's not going to go over 150lb may put on some more weight before hunting season.
Exactly, those are the kind that wind up miles away from their home territory. The ones people see in places normally devoid of bears and many times shot by LEOs in the city limits sadly or the casualty of a vehicle encounter. A young man without a home.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That bear will be gone come November once the deer hunting starts. My bears hang around April to October up in Rockingham county but they leave when the deer hunters show up in mass.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
That bear will be gone come November once the deer hunting starts. My bears hang around April to October up in Rockingham county but they leave when the deer hunters show up in mass.

I wish mountain bears would heed that advice. Lol.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Yup they just stay nocturnal. But one thing that'll do it is the dogs it'll make em change

Yes sir they will!

I've got a ton of bears around but generally they're pretty mild. Had one tear up a trail a camera and a blind once but ironically they don't touch my gravity feeders!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yes sir they will!

I've got a ton of bears around but generally they're pretty mild. Had one tear up a trail a camera and a blind once but ironically they don't touch my gravity feeders!

View attachment 47576

View attachment 47577

View attachment 47578
I've had pics of em turning over tripod feeder and actually laying in the barrel eating they can be real pain. On the property I used hunt never got one single daytime pic and no one seen one in daylight kept getting bear tag hoping though

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I wish they would leave in Northampton, they have just about taken over the place I hunt.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jug