Carolina squat

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Even the gayest car doesn't squat 🤙🏼

View attachment 40656
I drive a diesel but my wife has a Prius. Say what you want but dont knock it till you try it. Filling up for less than 20.00 and driving almost 500 miles sure is nice. Yes we get dirty looks and deal with crazy people showing out but we know we aren't stopping at every gas station

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
4c93245ddab86bf780970716845d8eb8.jpg

I never miss an opportunity to show it off...... Elmer Mudd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got no squat! I agree it looks foolish but my point was why do you care ? It's their money their truck.

Attachments

• 20200214_180847(1).jpg
    20200214_180847(1).jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 44
Dang head lights shine to the sky and blind drivers.....
Kind of like the light bars.
I know it is their money but when it has an effect on others it is :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk...
Seriously! you have been blinded by a squat truck? I have yet to see a light bar light on a public highway! I call BS! I think it stupid as well but Im not gonna take the old geezer get off my lawn rout!

Last edited:

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Seriously! you have been blinded by a squat truck? I have yet to see a light bar light on a public highway! I call BS! I think it stupid as well but Im not gonna take the old geezer get off my lawn rout!
I've had no problems with the light bars, but at least 2-3 times a week on the way home from work I have issues with the headlights on squatted trucks. There's usually not enough adjustment to aim them correctly with the tail end so low, so at the lowest setting they end up shining into the faces of oncoming drivers or into the cab/mirrors of drivers that they're behind. This is a real issue that is aggravating at best, flat out dangerous at worst.

And for the record, I'm only 35, but I do appreciate being able to see the road.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I get blinded at least once a week in Tramway and see at least 1 a day on my commute.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Call it what you will...
BTW from DMV the light bars are not legal on the road as with the Squatting trucks.
But they said they have too many other things to worry with.

Both are a problem. Both are dangerous.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I got no squat! I agree it looks foolish but my point was why do you care ? It's their money their truck.
Cause it looks really "stoopid" and things that look really stoopid get talked about . Lol. There is a story behind the word "stoopid"...pretty funny. Rofl....

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've had no problems with the light bars, but at least 2-3 times a week on the way home from work I have issues with the headlights on squatted trucks. There's usually not enough adjustment to aim them correctly with the tail end so low, so at the lowest setting they end up shining into the faces of oncoming drivers or into the cab/mirrors of drivers that they're behind. This is a real issue that is aggravating at best, flat out dangerous at worst.

And for the record, I'm only 35, but I do appreciate being able to see the road.
Best I can remember one of the things that an annual inspection is supposed to check is the alignment of the headlights, so if they are not pointed down that should be addressed at the inspection. I emphasize the word "should".

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just my opinion, but the "Carolina squat" is just about the most stupid, impractical, and dangerous wastes of money I've ever seen! How in the devil can you see to even park one of those things correctly? Don't know if it's true or not, but a co-worker told me that a kid ran over a woman in a Wal-Mart parking lot over in Lumberton because he couldn't see her.

The only "Carolina squat" you'd likely catch me in is out in the woods...like a bear!