Carolina squat

Although I agree most do it because they think it looks cool. It does have a practical purpose for those that hit mud holes and sand dunes or off road hills at a higher rate of speed you dont bury the nose. But then again most hardly even use 4 wheel drive and buy a 4 wheel drive truck with big mud tires and never go mudding or even off road for that matter. Its a red neck thang with a lot of pretenders out there. I see all kinds of lift kits folks buy because they think its cool that never even go off road! I took one dude back in the woods with a lifted truck and mud tires said he wanted me to take him muddin. Took him down an old trail way back in the woods to a rock quarry. Said he didn't even need to lock in the hubs. We hit the first hole and got stuck mud was coming in the door. He had to roll down the window crawl onto the hood busting his arse in cowboy boots on the hood. Stuck his arm and head in the mud to lock in the hubs. I was laughing my arse off. City boys! LOL!

Last edited:
They have names for it in other places, heard it called the Tennessee lean as well

I like a stock truck with good tires and I guarantee I have had a truck in rougher places in WV and eastern KY than most of the average four wheel drive truck owners
Dont doubt it in the least! I have drove 2wd trucks where most have never taken 4wd trucks! the key is dont stop! Keep in the gas till your through!

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
They have names for it in other places, heard it called the Tennessee lean as well

I like a stock truck with good tires and I guarantee I have had a truck in rougher places in WV and eastern KY than most of the average four wheel drive truck owners
The “fag sag” is probably my favorite. I’ve had a 1980 Toyota wagon in places most 4x4 owners would blush at anymore, much less this new wave of guys and their “show trucks”

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep I’d rather the back sit higher unloaded if it is a work / farm truck... for looks I’m good with level

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns

Damn, don’t be bringing Tennessee into it. 😂😂😂
I drive around these hills and hollers of east TN and I’m yet to see that stupid crap here. I reckon the type that’s dumb enough here to do it, don’t want all their meth sliding to the rear of the truck out of reach....................

Scratch that, I did see a truck about a month ago in pigeon forge squatting. No joke, I told my wife, holy crap the stupidity has made it here only to notice the truck had NC plates with ECU stickers on the back glass. My first thought was someone drove that queer ass truck all the way here not hardly being able to see the road. Haha.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There is plenty of it in Tn, get up around Crossville and Jamestown. They gave up weed and shine years ago. It was hot and heavy up there when I was hunting several years ago.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've seen a lot of stupid crap over my life, probably even been a part of some of it, but this stupid choice of truck stance pretty much takes the cake currently along with the damn straight pipes they're running on most of them. I'm really growing tired of both, but the exhaust is the one that affects my life the most. It seems that the idiots with no mufflers just LOVE to share their obnoxious noise with everyone they drive by. Makes no difference if you are relaxing, listening to music or watching tv, the sound is just overbearing. I love the sound of a performance engine as well as the next person, as well as the sound of a V8 with performance mufflers, but this rattling/popping crap the straight pipes emit is annoying at best...

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I love the sound of silence. When I am in the cab I don’t want to hear a thing out of mine.

I had a buddy break down in Troy yesterday and I had to go get him. Coming up those hills up 109 my truck downshifted a couple times and if I hadn’t of seen the tach jump I wouldn’t have hardly known it.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I probably have the baddest ass 4 WD in this part of the country. A Silverado with GY Wranglers and a tauneau cover. They don't come any more bad butt, and when I pull off the pavement into the edge of a dove field and it feels softness under them GY's you can feel it shudder with excitement. It knows it's a bad ass machine!!

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I probably have the baddest ass 4 WD in this part of the country. A Silverado with GY Wranglers and a tauneau cover. They don't come any more bad butt, and when I pull off the pavement into the edge of a dove field and it feels softness under them GY's you can feel it shudder with excitement. It knows it's a bad ass machine!!
Dreamer........nothing wearing a freakin BOWTIE can be badass!! I mean NOTHING!!😁✌️

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It’s bound to be hard on all the steering components.
And I imagine the fluid levels get skewed because of sitting at such an angle constantly.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I've heard the young boys refer to it as "Carolina Leaning". ... I too, think it's stupid.
I thought it came from rim and tire swapping to bigger sizes and only doing the front end lift kit so the tires don't rub when they turn.
They don't lift the body to match 'cause they're broke from the rims and tires.

That's just what I thought. I may be wrong. My truck sits level.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Dreamer........nothing wearing a freakin BOWTIE can be badass!! I mean NOTHING!!😁

I wouldn't count them out so quickly, within the past 2 years I've had to pull 2 Fords and a Dodge out of the way so I could go through the wet grass..... And to make it worse one of the Fords tried to come back in behind me and got stuck in the same place again!! I saw him when he did it so I came out by a different path so he wouldn't be embarrassed....again.....

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Wonder if anyone here has one.... just holding out but about to boil over......
time to come out of the closet.

I SERIOUSLY doubt it!

I think it would be cool if the rest of us, whenever we found one of these abominations unattended (or heck, even if the driver is in presence), placed a "rainbow" decal on the back window. If asked "why?" we just state "because you are proud of your orientation, the fag sag says so".