Carolina Princess?

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My wife got me a gift certificate as a wedding present to use for an all day outing on the Carolina Princess. What all do I need to know before I go? When is the best time to go, what do i need to bring, etc? Thanks

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
They have everything you need to bottom fish. I use to carry 75 students in a life sports class I taught for years. If you plan to speciality fish say Grouper you may want to carry you on bait or speciality rigs. They have a grill and inside area to get out of wind and sun. She's flat bottomed and pitches and rolls. Will cause a lot of people to not feel very well. June 1-middle of June is when we went. Always was good. Have fun...

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
Really all you have to do is show up. They take care of everything but I like to carry my own set up because I am used to it and that helps me get more hook-ups!! LOL. They have a great crew that wants you to catch fish so they do what they can to help you. Let me know when you are going. I go a few times a year and maybe could go the same day.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
i am in for an offshore get together..........i am headed to the keys in early march to go mutton snapper fishing and then back to tampa the week after the 4th of july for red snapper.......but any weekend in between should work

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
i am in for an offshore get together..........i am headed to the keys in early march to go mutton snapper fishing and then back to tampa the week after the 4th of july for red snapper.......but any weekend in between should work

need company?:whistle:

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
need company?:whistle:
sure.......both trips are extended 48 hour trips. The mutton trip will be a first for me, fishing with the Yankee Captains out of Key West the 8th thru 10th of march then the Gulfstar out of Tarpon Springs the 8th through 10th of July. The july trip is during the Gulf Red snapper season and is a heck of a good trip. I have not done teh mutton trip ever, so I am kind of looking to see how it goes being a bit of a novice to that type of fishing
this is the gulfstar trip here:
this is the yankee captains trip I am looking at

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
If there is a forum wide offshore trip in the works I am interested schedule permitting. It has been years since I have been on a headboat trip.

Philjam

Spike
I have gone on many offshore Bass Barn (Bass Barn is a fishing forum in the NE) trips when living in PA. It took one Bass Barn person to organize the trip. Usually this was someone who knew the Captains. Since retiring here I miss going offshore. Bass Barn trips sometimes got enough people to reserve the entire boat - it was a blast. These trips were usually on Jersey boats, but some trips out of Mass, NH and Maine were 2 or 3 day excursions. Also went out of Montauk (Long Island.) There was one guy who brought a cooler full of exotic eats.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
When's the earliest it's worth going out on a headboard half day trip? When do the fish start getting going?

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
There is almost always something biting but I prefer to wait until May 1 when grouper season opens. During the late summer the half day inshore trips have been known to produce good numbers of them.

bigblue

Eight Pointer
My wife just won 2 fishing passes for Carolina Princess this week in a raffle drawing. When’s the best time to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
We went out June 2nd. Nice boat great crew. Was noticeably bigger than the Capt stacy. My dad had a grouper sandwich from the galley that he said was really fantastic. We lost 30 minutes of critical fishing time due to a stuck anchor but we brought home a good mess of fish.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190604-141218_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190604-141218_Gallery.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 49