carolina princess sometime this week?

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Anyone want to jump on the boat sometime this week? Been wanting to go for a while but not as fun by yourself. I'm flexible as far as day. would prefer Tuesday-Thursday to avoid crowds and give me monday to sort out some jobs. Will bring my employee along if possible.

who wants to go????

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
Anyone want to jump on the boat sometime this week? Been wanting to go for a while but not as fun by yourself. I'm flexible as far as day. would prefer Tuesday-Thursday to avoid crowds and give me monday to sort out some jobs. Will bring my employee along if possible.

who wants to go????
I'm going with my son on Thursday, the 20th.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I may have to push it to the following week. Need to get a truck in the shop for maintenance but may have to wait till next week. will let you know if we go thursday

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
alright. This week is out. Truck can't go in till then anyway. I will wait to see the forecasts before picking the day.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
Might be coming tomorrow too. Was supposed to go out of Oregon inlet but looks like the wind is going to blow that trip out. Look out triggerfish:LOL:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Might be coming tomorrow too. Was supposed to go out of Oregon inlet but looks like the wind is going to blow that trip out. Look out triggerfish:LOL:

I have to make a run to LA but save me some triggers for next week!!

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
If you're on the boat tomorrow, look for me, the 60 something year old guy with a white beard.

dcmayo311

Four Pointer
I'm taking the wife and 9 year old with me on Capt Stacy for the half day this Sunday the 23rd. Hope the swell isn't too bad and the fish are hungry. I've never had any issues with sea sickness in the few times I've been out but the wife and boy have never been.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
Right now Sunday looks bumpy. Your saving grace might be the fact it's a 1/2 day trip so won't venture as far out.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I will be heading out on Tuesday on the Carolina Princess.
Anyone else game?
I will be bringing my employee along.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I will be heading out on Tuesday on the Carolina Princess.
Anyone else game?
I will be bringing my employee along.

pending weather I am planning to fish that day, if I get back from the next road trip in time (leave today and should get home late Sunday or Monday, but who knows???)

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
just called them,,, told them I'd be there Tuesday,,,weather looks good,,, gonna see if I can beat Don to the line,,,,,,

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
I know but I know my gear. Makes a huge difference in my opinion.
You nailed it. I am so used to my gear that I KNOW it makes a difference in my catch. The boat stuff is used almost every day and gets very little attention and it shows. Plus the rods are too stiff to really feel the triggerfish bites. Well worth the money in my opinion to have personal gear if you fish enough to justify it.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
You nailed it. I am so used to my gear that I KNOW it makes a difference in my catch. The boat stuff is used almost every day and gets very little attention and it shows. Plus the rods are too stiff to really feel the triggerfish bites. Well worth the money in my opinion to have personal gear if you fish enough to justify it.

What is your setup?

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
Ugly Stick Tiger Lite 80-130 with a Penn Fathom II 40 is my main one. Also have a Fin-Nor OFL30 on the same style rod. Those rods are fast action so you get a sensitive tip but a strong backbone. I have caught both small and large fish on both with no issues. There are many Penn and Shimano reels that work great for this style of fishing. There are also many more but they tend to get a little pricey. If you don't want to spend a ton of money a Penn Senator 4/0 or 6/0 will always fit the bill, but get the red one. The more you fish with your own set up, the better you will get at hooking and getting them up!!

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I just picked up a Penn rival levelwind combo from academy today. $90
heavy action rod and reel seems good enough. bought 65lb braid. hi viz green is all they had but should be fine.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
What line?
I run Kastking 65-80 pound braid and personally I like the color changing spools. Every 10 yards is a new color so you know when you are about to hit the bottom (to help with backlash of the sudden stop) and also when you are close to the top to help prevent reeling the swivel into the rod tip and damaging the guide.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Are you fellas calling down there to check availability. I looked on the website and it says check the trip calendar but I can't get it to come up. We were supposed to go out trolling a week from Friday but my dad had surgery and couldn't go. He canceled the trip because we all really wanted to go with him. Now my sons and myself are already planning to be there so this may be my best bet.