carolina princess sometime this week?

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
I can't say for the Princess, but the dive boat I work on is docked very close to the Capt. Stacy fishing center and this past weekend was the busiest I've seen it in a long time.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
had the pleasure of meeting Woodmoose today on the boat.

Had a great trip, constant action. A lot of smaller fish. Many triggers. 2 mahi caught off the stern. Had a school behind the boat as we were leaving.
I did not take any pics as my phone did not charge overnight. here is me and my daughter's take. they only fished the first drop I think. we moved around a bunch. they worked hard to find the fish.
20210525_202844.jpg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
had a great time - was nice meeting @Dick and his crew - had a fun time, I really enjoy that boat and mates

the water was as blue as I have ever seen the ocean,,,

caught a LOT of "just short" triggerfish, 13 or 14,,, I'm talking they were all over 11 1/2" but just under 12,,,

ended up with 7 triggerfish, a bunch of grunts and porgys (will count when I clean them later), a couple of b-liners - more than enough till next trip in a few weeks

was cool seeing the mahi caught... fellow caught a Jack crevale as well,,,

I was one tired puppy by the time I got home (4 hour drive down there, slept in truck for 4 hours, then fished all day, then 4 hour drive home),,, slept good last night

CP 25 May 2021.jpg

picture of fish box early in the day from first stop just before they shoveled ice into it,,,,

image1.jpeg

and the Mahi hanging as we pulled into dock,,,,

image0.jpeg

Last edited:

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
ended up with 7 triggerfish, a bunch of grunts and pogeys (will count when I clean them later), a couple of b-liners - more than enough till next trip in a few weeks

The “r” or lack thereof, is important here. It makes a difference in taste, even for your welcoming wide palate.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The “r” or lack thereof, is important here. It makes a difference in taste, even for your welcoming wide palate.

you are correct Good Sir,,, and the "e",,,, what I get for not going back and checking my typing and auto-corrects,,,,

and as for pogie,,, haven't tried cooking one,,, but I bet they'd pickle or smoke to satisfaction,,,, maybe,,,,

Last edited:

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
How does this boat ride? Not going to lie, last time i went out on a 52ftr it was like being in a washing machine and i didnt do well. Had a scopolamine patch but didnt use it and regretted the hell out of it.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
How does this boat ride? Not going to lie, last time i went out on a 52ftr it was like being in a washing machine and i didnt do well. Had a scopolamine patch but didnt use it and regretted the hell out of it.
you can never predict the weather but it seemed fairly smooth sailing to me.

I ALWAYS encourage people to take dramamine at least the day before the trip and keep up with dosage till trip is over. there is nothing worse then being seasick when you should be fishing.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
you can never predict the weather but it seemed fairly smooth sailing to me.

I ALWAYS encourage people to take dramamine at least the day before the trip and keep up with dosage till trip is over. there is nothing worse then being seasick when you should be fishing.

I never puked but I was sick as a dog. I couldn't even eat or drink anything all day. It was literally like being in a washing machine. I was ok when a fish was on..... unfortunately all we had was 5 bites all day.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
so, how many people would be interested in trying to rent the whole boat for mahi and such?
not even sure if it's possible but willing to call and inquire unless someone knows the captain.
I know I could conjure up a few head if needed. Daughters would probably go again if possible.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
so, how many people would be interested in trying to rent the whole boat for mahi and such?
not even sure if it's possible but willing to call and inquire unless someone knows the captain.
I know I could conjure up a few head if needed. Daughters would probably go again if possible.

In, would have to be a Monday or Tuesday though

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Bottom fishing is fine too.
I just want to be able to chum up some mahi off the back. no trolling.

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
I’ve had good luck catching mahi from CP/CS/CS lowering the bottom rig just out of sight with 3-4” squid strips on both hooks.