Carolina Panthers' Kyle Allen

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I don't care if Joe Montana had been playing, the 49ers just had to good of a defense yesterday.
Probably a good learning day for Allen though as bad as it was. I'm sure they threw things at him he had never seen before.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Panthera

Eight Pointer
My son says prepare for the return of Cam..He usually knows what he is talking about..The bad game Allen had is not gonna help him.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I don't care if Joe Montana had been playing, the 49ers just had to good of a defense yesterday.
Probably a good learning day for Allen though as bad as it was. I'm sure they threw things at him he had never seen before.

San Fran was just really good.

The hard question with Cam is his health and longevity. He's a running quarterback, that shortens your career. So can he, or can't he, adjust to be a passing quarterback? It's not looking great.

Kyle Allen has demonstrated a certain level of competency. Will he continue to execute on the level needed for a starting QB in the NFL? Hard to say.

nontypical

Ten Pointer
I'm hoping the blowout loss to SF was a fluke and that we played our worst and SF played their best. The Panthers came to play yesterday!

nontypical

Ten Pointer
I’ll admit I didn’t watch that whole game. But my oldest boy did. He told me about all the BS calls against the Panthers. I did see the roughing the passer call towards the end of the 2nd quarter. Unreal! If anything it was intentional grounding and I guess would that be a safety? Regardless we would have got the ball back with some time to score.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I’ll admit I didn’t watch that whole game. But my oldest boy did. He told me about all the BS calls against the Panthers. I did see the roughing the passer call towards the end of the 2nd quarter. Unreal! If anything it was intentional grounding and I guess would that be a safety? Regardless we would have got the ball back with some time to score.
Your are exactly right about that call.....one of the worst penalties I have ever seen.
Green Bay still ran the ball all over them and not saying Carolina would have won or anything but the refs were terrible.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Allen had some very good chances to score at the end, and he was running scared. He didn’t do anything terrible, but with several chances to score he repeatedly dumped it in the turf. O line wasn’t giving him much help even with GB rushing only 3. Hopefully experience will fix that.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They were closer to winning that game with KA than they would have been with Scam, I honestly believe that

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
42% of the teams offensive yards come from him. Not much more you can do for your team.
No way he can keep that up without wearing out. I hope they dont run him in the ground and shorten his career.

Could you imagine him with the Patriots....

Reactions: jug

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
No way he can keep that up without wearing out. I hope they dont run him in the ground and shorten his career.

Could you imagine him with the Patriots....

He is their offense it seems. If big ole newton couldnt take the licks, dont see how he can.
I havent seen many panther games but he is a good reason to watch them play.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If big ole newton couldnt take the licks, dont see how he can.

Troy Aikman was the color analyst for the Packers/Panthers game Sunday. He made the observation that McCaffrey was the exact same size (5' 9") as Emmitt Smith, and all Smith did was become the NFL's all-time leading rusher...

I thought Allen showed nice poise throughout most of the game, especially given the conditions. He threw a couple dimes to Olsen in the 4th through blowing snow, and put his team in position to tie the game if only 5 guys could have blocked 3. However, had Cam thrown the interception in the end zone that Allen did which cost his team crucial points, he would have been roasted here for his poor decision making and inaccuracy.

You're going to get poor decisions from a rookie, but bottom line is that Allen is 1-2 in his last 3 starts. If the Panthers can't beat an improved Falcons team next Sunday, they get the Saints following that, and Allen could easily be 1-4 over 5 games, at which point the shine will start to wear off...

nontypical

Ten Pointer
Troy Aikman was the color analyst for the Packers/Panthers game Sunday. He made the observation that McCaffrey was the exact same size (5' 9") as Emmitt Smith, and all Smith did was become the NFL's all-time leading rusher...

I thought Allen showed nice poise throughout most of the game, especially given the conditions. He threw a couple dimes to Olsen in the 4th through blowing snow, and put his team in position to tie the game if only 5 guys could have blocked 3. However, had Cam thrown the interception in the end zone that Allen did which cost his team crucial points, he would have been roasted here for his poor decision making and inaccuracy.

You're going to get poor decisions from a rookie, but bottom line is that Allen is 1-2 in his last 3 starts. If the Panthers can't beat an improved Falcons team next Sunday, they get the Saints following that, and Allen could easily be 1-4 over 5 games, at which point the shine will start to wear off...
Hard to make good decisions when your running for your life. He was under pressure alot during that game. Now if his o-line could get away with the holds that the packers o-line did, we would have won easily!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

i heard Troy and my first thought was that emmiitt played when (for lack of a better term) lard asses were line men. Now it's beasts like Clowney and Watts and God help you on the blows the linebackers can deliver. game is faster more physical with the clean hits and he is getting so much exposure that it makes one think of his future.
I hope he plays a decade in Charoltte and continues his run. His is THE reason to watch them.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I hope he plays a decade in Charoltte and continues his run. His is THE reason to watch them.

I'm not a big fan of contract hold-outs, but I make exceptions for running backs for the reasons you mention. He needs to get off the rookie contract and get paid before he's used up. Totally worth whatever they end up paying him this off season. Freed up money from parting ways with Cam will make a good deal possible for both sides...

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm concerned about McCaffrey's longevity too. This is the second year in a row that they are riding him hard and putting him away wet. His percentage of touches is up considerably over last season. He's taking a pounding every game and giving it everything he's got. It's impressive, but they've gotta get him some help and some rest. I didn't think anyone can sustain this amount of "pounding".

If he plays a decade in Charlotte at anywhere near his current productivity he will destroy team records.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Carolina has always had a hard time against divison opponents seems like....doesnt surprise me a bit they are getting a beat down.

Reactions: jug

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am still pissed off at Rivera. I think he knew that Cam was not right last year but did nothing. Rivera is a decent enough coach but might be time for a change.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Oh, he knew.

Pulling for Kyle, but his decision making skills the last couple games are suspect. He's got the arm. He can make the throws. But the picks today were major mental mistakes. Throwing into spots he had no business throwing. Mentally, he looked a lot better in his first few games. I think the pressure (both kinds) might be getting to him.