Careful out there. Man killed trying to buy atv

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Pretty simple- meet at Sherriffs office or police department…. Especially if it’s one of our shifty or shitty members😁!!! Get out with a concealed carry and an Ar across your body and begin negotiations….if it’s an ammo deal watch out for people trying jump in and run price up……

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
because it never happened via paper ads or iwannas or craigslist?
I would say probably a lot less ....Craigslist has so many scams now, not worth looking at.....haven't seen an iwanna or a newspaper in years, so wouldn't know about that .....common sense should come into play though

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Yep, if I was scared of all the things we are supposed to beware of I would live in a cave. Or mom and dad's basement.

All I said was be careful out there with transactions with complete strangers and you get bent out shape.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
All I said was be careful out there with transactions with complete strangers and you get bent out shape.
I have done probably three dozen transactions with folks here that I didn't know from Adam's house cat. All turned out just fine. I have done at least that many from CraigsList and working up to that number on MarketPlace.

Bent out of shape? Nope, not one bit, but I probably don't need someone less than half my age doing PSAs on how to conduct business. I think I had enough training on how to deal with folks over the years. How much have you had?

Infamous1

Eight Pointer
I try to meet in a public place. I usually have a CCW on my person, most times I have an overwatch in my vehicle also. I have never felt I was in danger at any meet-up.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
The MCSD has a parking spot right in front of the jail.with a camera on it just for online transaction meeting. Pretty nice especially for a woman.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
I’m just playing. I’ve done quite a few deals on here and met some nice folk. Only had one bad deal, but that’s gonna happen from time to time.
I’ll do trade with them too lol

Everybody I’ve dealt with from here has been top notch.

6mm250

Eight Pointer
The MCSD has a parking spot right in front of the jail.with a camera on it just for online transaction meeting. Pretty nice especially for a woman.

The New Bern Police Department has one too , plus a big ol sign saying NO FIREARMS TRANSACTIONS

Mike

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
On the rare occasion I have something to sell I always list it on one of the forums that I frequent instead of CL or FB. I feel that I'm more likely to have a successful transaction here than dealing with the general public.

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Most people have never had a bad experience until they do, local guy in my area had a meet up selling a motorcycle, murderers knew he had money, killed him and they were never caught.