cannons ferry boat ramp. Tyner, NC Chowan River

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
I grew up putting in there and fishing, from Gates County...

Great fishery for largemouth bass, bream, catfish, white perch and stripers...Bass fishing was fantastic in the '70s, until a fertilizer plant at Tunis ruined it...As I understand that was shut down years ago and the bass fishing has rebounded nicely...

Locals love Bang O Lures but plastic lizards, floating worms and Zoom Flukes, spinner baits, Rebels, buzz baits and top water plugs also do well cast in and around cypress trees and Lilly pads...If you like to fly rod fish for bream this is also an excellent place for this as well...Any color as long as it's yellow and black does well... :)

jamiej

Spike
Bass mostly, I use to fish tournaments regularly but now I mainly fish for fun. In the spring stripers, and white perch are plentiful on the Chowan too. I would be glad to show you around some time.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Bass mostly, I use to fish tournaments regularly but now I mainly fish for fun. In the spring stripers, and white perch are plentiful on the Chowan too. I would be glad to show you around some time.

Thanks man.
I appreciate it. Do you live close?
My place is in chowan beach.

I also used to be an avid bass guy.
Now I’m into adventure fishing. I’m so interested in this fishery.
And really interested in these big blue cats and stripers.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I've never fished much above Holiday Island. How is the Kayak fishing in the area above Shoup's Landing?

<>< Fish