Canned out!

Edgehunter

Twelve Pointer
Whew ! Been at it all day! 19 pts. Of hot pickles, couple with half a Carolina Reaper, few Cayenne the rest with Habaneros, then we did 22 pts. Of salsa few just juice , still got tomatos , picked 98 this week alone, got more getting peeled, more to pick!

firemedic54

Ten Pointer
So far I have canned 29 qt./4 pt. Green beans, made 17 qt./12 pt. Dill pickles. 14 pt. Of salsa and given multiple buckets of misc. To neighbors, friends, family. Today I pulled all of my beans plants and retilled. I will replant to do another run of beans in the fall. The only thing that hasn't done well this year for me are peppers green/jalapeño, and okra. Everything else has done well to great. I have not had to water at all this year.

Last edited:

Edgehunter

Twelve Pointer
I've got peppers everywhere , done real good this year, have 9 different kinds , my Trinadads are getting going now, I am still waiting on my Carolina Reapers to bloom and go, really hope they do!

hayco10

Eight Pointer
I have made several jars of picked okra this summer using pickled cuke recipe and they turned out really good!

firemedic54

Ten Pointer
I have made several jars of picked okra this summer using pickled cuke recipe and they turned out really good!

I tried some pickled okra last fall on a fishing trip, I loved it. I was wondering what kind of brine to use to make some. What kind d of pickling mix was It?

hayco10

Eight Pointer
I tried some pickled okra last fall on a fishing trip, I loved it. I was wondering what kind of brine to use to make some. What kind d of pickling mix was It?

1/3 water 2/3 apple cider vinegar or 50/50 teaspoon salt tablespoon sugar per quart jar, dill, garlic, red pepper to taste. Put okra in jar, pour boiling water in jar, boil water and empty jar of water and put spices in and then pour boiling vinegar/water mixture into jars and put lid on and let cool. Refrigerate when cooled to room temp. The will be ready in a week or two.

hitman6397

Old Mossy Horns
We did 25 pints of salsa and 20qts of whole maters this weekend. I think we did 8 pints of pickled peppers some whole some sliced.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I put up 15 pints of white peaches last night. I'm not in the same class as some of you guys but I try :D...I forget every year what a pain peaches are to can, but they sure are good in the winter time. A real taste of summer, and the wife loves them.

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
I have done 13 qts green beans, 40 pints of sweet corn, 4 dill pickles and made 7 pints of blueberry jelly. Time to replant my beans and get the collard area ready to go for fall.

highcotton81

Button Buck
So far we have canned 64 quarts green beans, 48 quarts dill pickles, 50 quarts sweet corn, 14 pints chow chow, 14 pints salsa,10 quarts purple hull peas, 7 quarts lima beans, 12 quarts tomato soup, 28 quarts vegetable soup, 8 pints of candied jalapenos, and 6 quarts of pickled green beans.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
So far we have canned 64 quarts green beans, 48 quarts dill pickles, 50 quarts sweet corn, 14 pints chow chow, 14 pints salsa,10 quarts purple hull peas, 7 quarts lima beans, 12 quarts tomato soup, 28 quarts vegetable soup, 8 pints of candied jalapenos, and 6 quarts of pickled green beans.

What is a candied jalapeno? Sounds like it would be real good.

THERYANO311

Twelve Pointer
Can someone pm me the directions on how to can, made simple ? I been wanting to do this a long time And never learned how.

Edgehunter

Twelve Pointer
13pts. Salsa 4qts. Of juice! Batches 4 an 5 done! Done for the year in tomatoes! Sure I've picked 400 plus, few bags gave to me. Not to brag, but I put El Paso to shame! And the other stuff! Friends love it! Got my recipe down to a T.

hayco10

Eight Pointer
13pts. Salsa 4qts. Of juice! Batches 4 an 5 done! Done for the year in tomatoes! Sure I've picked 400 plus, few bags gave to me. Not to brag, but I put El Paso to shame! And the other stuff! Friends love it! Got my recipe down to a T.

I would like your recipe for salsa!