canid ID help please

kines

Button Buck
My first post here, hopefully found the best place for this. We've clearly seen both red and gray foxes in the neighborhood, and rumors of coyote, but with this incomplete view, I'm not sure on this one. I'd appreciate opinions as to what this one is. Thanks in advance!

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Definitely not a white-tipped tailed Red Fox. At 7 seconds you get a good look @ the black-tipped bushy tail, looks like a Gray Fox to me. But I cant ever see its head & ears long enough to be sure.

Definitely a fox cant tell if its gray or red in the dark. Why do you have a ladder going over your fence dont you think a gate might be better.;)

kines

Button Buck
Thanks for all the input, even regarding the gate - ha. The ladder was just for the kids and was cheaper, easier, and more fun. And now is tons of fun watching all kinds of animals using it on a regular basis. Anyhow, here is another appearance that occurred last night. Does it not look more like a coyote now?

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks for all the input, even regarding the gate - ha. The ladder was just for the kids and was cheaper, easier, and more fun. And now is tons of fun watching all kinds of animals using it on a regular basis. Anyhow, here is another appearance that occurred last night. Does it not look more like a coyote now?

That's a young yote, no doubt with that footage

You probably have both in the area. The first footage looked like a fox the 2nd like a yote. Not uncommon for them both to be around.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
In the 1st video I could not get a long enough look at its head to id 100%, but the the 2nd video is definitely Wily Coyote. Probably the same critter both nights.