Canes 22/23 season

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Hurricanes just keep piling up wins. They beat a depleted St. Louis Blues team 4-1 in Raleigh tonight. St. Louis has lost a few players to trades as they have officially given up on the season and become sellers. That doesn't mean you quit trying to win, it just makes winning more difficult. New Jersey also lost tonight, which gives Carolina a little more room in the standings. The Hurricanes currently have the second best record in the NHL.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That he was. The middle of the game was a bit rough for the rest of the canes...... some stupid penalties...... hopefully tomorrow is good and they finish this homestand strong.
That second period was terrible? Whatever Roddy said at intermission worked, they came back out fired up.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Nope it was miserable performance by the Canes. Freddie made some incredible saves but the 3 that went in he should of had. 2 between the legs and the other one he was to deep he needed to come out to cut down the angle.

As far as the shooting goes you got 50 + shots on net you need to bury that biscuit more than 2 x ....

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Canes had an easy win last night in Arizona. I watched through the first and 2nd but went to bed before the third. I guess the big news was at the minor level our goalie prospect kochetkov scores a goal.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Another great win last night but could be costly with two go down to injury. KK getting the win in the shootout was a nice touch. Rough start but they came from behind and pulled it out. NJ losing is also sweet.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Another great win last night but could be costly with two go down to injury. KK getting the win in the shootout was a nice touch. Rough start but they came from behind and pulled it out. NJ losing is also sweet.
I may be proven wrong here but I rarely worry about "injuries" that crop up between periods. Ranta looked like it could be bad in the moment but the fact that he continued through the period tells me it is not anything major... did not see exactly what happened to Chatfield but it was another did not come out for the 3d type thing.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I may be proven wrong here but I rarely worry about "injuries" that crop up between periods. Ranta looked like it could be bad in the moment but the fact that he continued through the period tells me it is not anything major... did not see exactly what happened to Chatfield but it was another did not come out for the 3d type thing.

‘CANES RECALL KOCHETKOV ON AN EMERGENCY BASIS

More then precautionary removal last night.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
‘CANES RECALL KOCHETKOV ON AN EMERGENCY BASIS

More then precautionary removal last night.
Saw that.. Still not sure it is a major injury but time will tell. Both of our net minders have been paper tigers on the injury front and have worried me all year. Would be far more concerned it if was Anderson that went down too. This time next year I expect Kochetkov to be the guy anyway, might be a good way to get him more looks at this level and still have the option to send him back for more steady work.

BTW, I saw that he got booted from two games this last week, one for fighting and one for trying to fight.. I like his fire if not his judgement :)

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yup they are injury prone forsure. I hope this is a minor blip and Ranta is back soon..... as you know the grind really begins with the playoff season. One would hope with 3 goalies we can go deep and that won't be an issue but I dunno.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yup they are injury prone forsure. I hope this is a minor blip and Ranta is back soon..... as you know the grind really begins with the playoff season. One would hope with 3 goalies we can go deep and that won't be an issue but I dunno.
Kochetkov seemed to do well, even with a low number of shots by the Flyers Methinks he's only going to show improvement.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
One goal in two games...... canes have got to figure out how to score..... that was a painful game to.watch.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One goal in two games...... canes have got to figure out how to score..... that was a painful game to.watch.
and you can almost call that 2 full games.. the scored so early in the last one. Frustrating

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
With the schedule like it is the next several games they better figure it out fast. It is to be expected that the other team will sneak in a couple of goals. It is not acceptable to just say that the other side’s goalie had a good game. Seems like D-men are propping up the offense at times. Worries me…….