Canes 22/23 season

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I had just about given up on em tonite....wow!
I wish they'd quit pi$$ing away powerplays and start making them count. Same thing hurt them in the playoffs last year and they need to fix it yesterday.

Great comeback against the Sharks, but it was the Sharks after all. They won't get that chance Sunday against the Bruins.

Jim

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
then you missed a hell of a finish. Never leave before the miracle happens

exactly

the last (and only) pro sporting event I attended was a Canes game a few years ago (decade maybe?) - by the end of the 2nd period the canes were down 4 to 1 (or some such, may have been 3 to 1),,, heck could of been 3 to 0,,, don't remember those details but do remember how it ended
most/many of the "fans" were leaving, mumbling about how the canes "sucked" that night,,,
3rd period Canes scored 3 goals (or 4?) and won - I laughed all the way home at the "fans" who quit on "their team" early,,,,

I enjoyed that game
won't do another, won't be near as good

Last edited:

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
exactly

the last (and only) pro sporting event I attended was a Canes game a few years ago (decade maybe?) - by the end of the 2nd period the canes were down 4 to 1 (or some such, may have been 3 to 1),,, heck could of been 3 to 0,,, don't remember those details but do remember how it ended
most/many of the "fans" were leaving, mumbling about how the canes "sucked" that night,,,
3rd period Canes scored 3 goals (or 4?) and won - I laughed all the way home at the "fans" who quit on "their team" early,,,,

I enjoyed that game
won't do another, won't be near as good
I did resume watching but I started not to after 4 goals in succession.

Yes I’m ashamed 🥲

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Wow tonight's game is one we'll want to forget..... they got rocked by the rangers.... worse yet it seemed like a homegame for NY with all the NY fans in The building.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Wow tonight's game is one we'll want to forget..... they got rocked by the rangers.... worse yet it seemed like a homegame for NY with all the NY fans in The building.
I agree. Ticks me off.

Hey but we got back on track last night. We’re going next Friday night when we play Ottawa - too be sure there won’t be many Senator homers there that game lol

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I agree. Ticks me off.

Hey but we got back on track last night. We’re going next Friday night when we play Ottawa - too be sure there won’t be many Senator homers there that game lol
Flash back a few years when Nortel was big and the building was crawling with Canadians.

Big few games coming up with Cam Ward getting induction to canes hall of fame and then of course the outdoor game..... lots of potential distractions but hopefully Canes can stay focused.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Flash back a few years when Nortel was big and the building was crawling with Canadians.

Big few games coming up with Cam Ward getting induction to canes hall of fame and then of course the outdoor game..... lots of potential distractions but hopefully Canes can stay focused.
Correction, it’s next Saturday when we play the Ducks.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yup it was a good night for the Canes. Sometimes on those special nights the Canes don't win..... but on Cam WARD night it was a good game. Outdoor game should be spectacular.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It was a great game. Was a pain to get in but it was well worth it.
You didn't have to deal with parking? Should of been a breeze .

Yup our tailgate plans got blown away cause the parking was so screwy. I had the deserts but the rest of the group and food was to far away. Ended up buying over priced pizza hut pizza inside the game.

We walked down to gate 8 around 645 and it took maybe 10 minutes to get through security .

That was the first time I've ever been in the NC state football stadium and I thought it was pretty nice. We were up high in section 31 but had a good view of the ice when folks weren't clogging up the isle and standing in it.
I'm glad I went I'm glad every game is not like that and it confirms for me I'd never spend the money to go see the Bruins in Fenway.

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
You didn't have to deal with parking? Should of been a breeze .

Yup our tailgate plans got blown away cause the parking was so screwy. I had the deserts but the rest of the group and food was to far away. Ended up buying over priced pizza hut pizza inside the game.

We walked down to gate 8 around 645 and it took maybe 10 minutes to get through security .

That was the first time I've ever been in the NC state football stadium and I thought it was pretty nice. We were up high in section 31 but had a good view of the ice when folks weren't clogging up the isle and standing in it.
I'm glad I went I'm glad every game is not like that and it confirms for me I'd never spend the money to go see the Bruins in Fenway.
Absolutely. Getting the hotel room right there was great. We went to the wrong gate. It took us over an hour in line. We sat in section 27.

Last edited:

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
How the heck did they generate ice at the football stadium?
Nhl has an outdoor rink that they transport around for these games. The refrigeration on it is suppose to be good enough to keep the rink ice up to a 75' day. They are talking about doing one in Florida in the future.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
As if we didn't have enough to worry about...now we have to be concerned about soccer on ice hooligans in the south. Tis a sad sad day in this nation when warm temps are insufficient to protect a people from such risk. tsk tsk tsk..... :D

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I attended the outdoor game in my Hot Tub on the back deck watching the outdoor TV. I like hockey for the game and dealing with all of that for bad seats.. Nah.. I passed. Said after the game last night that it was the Highest Average Ticket price for any event ever at Carter Finley.. that surprised me considering what the Stones Tickets were selling for.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nhl has an outdoor rink that they transport around for these games. The refrigeration on it is suppose to be good enough to keep the rink ice up to a 75' day. They are talking about doing one in Florida in the future.
They also put a reflective cver over the ice to hold cold in and bounce the sun off. Pretty impressive set up all around.