Canes 22/23 season

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Canes have had a pretty good start..... tonight should be interesting with Buffalo in town..... im sitting in the parking lot and there is a lot of Buffalo fans...... one of the most obnoxious fan base..... Go Canes

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
No shoot out..... Aho had a hat trick..... Canes give up a goal with 1/10 of a second left..... they won 5 to 3...... the Buffalo fans didn't disappoint with fights in the parking lot.....

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Another night and another game the Canes can't get the job done. Give up a goal with about 2 minutes left to go then OT you can't score. ... not good this team is better than this.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If they do not get the power play fixed they will not go far. They are awful on the man advantage.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Power Play is not hitting on much either. It appears the players the Hurricanes picked up in the off season haven't lived up to expectations. Pacioretty injured in camp, Kase got dinged after one game in as a Hurricane & has been out since, Burns play not as advertized, Stastny forgot how to score.

Power play was obviously broken last year, though there's been plenty of time to fix it since then. This year's version of Necas has been better than expected. Good on him. Teuvo Teravainen being out doesn't help.

They're Missing Nino's puck control and Vincent Trocheck centering abilities. Having Andersen out & below last year's play doesn't help either.
Stay with it and get points when you can guys. There's too much season left to give up...though this team is not a Cup contender.

Jim

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Canes are playing well heck of a game tonight against NJ. Got the flyers on Friday..... anyone interested in a couple of tickets for Friday's game? Send me a PM if ya are.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
its, me.. I am sorry guys.. I only got to watch a few bits and pcs of games for the last month when they were winning them all.. first two games I get to watch in full and they can't get it done.. I thought they said it was 67 shots.. but either way it was old school high volume mostly low quality.. Though Max did show what he can be I think once his legs are under him.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was gonna post about this. It was the most frustrating game I’ve seen in a while , having that many SOG with little to show for it. And as above said, defense breakdown that immediately cost you. Not sure what happened. Coming off a loss to the Rangers who I detest, It left a bad taste

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ice caps night at the Canes game..... little did we know they'd be on the ice. 😉

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
11 game winning streaks are great... right up until they are followed immediately by losing streaks... Inconsistency will be the death of this team if they don't get it together and with all the potential he has Kochetkov lost that game last night, aided extensively by the defense.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Petyr is not the same since he came back. I looks like he's scared of pulling his groin again. The defense..... well IDK where the hell they went, they look terrible.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
have not seen any definitive prognosis but Pacioretty's injury or re-injury did not look good last night.. He was a much needed piece that gave them some fire power and fresh legs.. I hope it is not as bad as it looked.. did not think we needed any trade deadline moves before he went down (he was effectively that move) but if he is out for the season we need a top 6, goal scoring, forward.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
They say it's a new injury not re injury..... who knows.... either way from what I saw and Rod's response after the game he is done for the season. We'll see if that is what the actual outcome is..... if that is what happens the silver lining is it happened early enough that it will free up some money to pick up a goal scorer for playoffs.
While he is a good player he has only played like 5 games for us so impact is not as bad as one that played a whole season so far and then got hurt. Canes got the talent to win games without him.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ruptured Achilles. Tough break.... good hockey player but seems like he is made of glass. I suspect his hockey playing days are done. Canes can take that 7mil and go shopping for a good player for playoffs.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ruptured Achilles. Tough break.... good hockey player but seems like he is made of glass. I suspect his hockey playing days are done. Canes can take that 7mil and go shopping for a good player for playoffs.
yep at his age I would be surprised if he ever gets back. but if he can he is still under contract so as you say we can go shopping now and still have him for next year if we pay big for a rental (which has not been in our DNA for the last decade or so).

Winning window is now and maybe next year.. after that guys like Aho start coming to the end of contracts and have earned big money that I don't think we will pay them.