Canada Closed to Non Resident Hunters

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Talked to two of my friends that are Outfitters in Canada. They think they will most likely continue to be closed to Americans this fall. They are pushing all of their hunts out to 2021. Did not know how many of you had trips planned. May want to check with your Outfitter.

Last edited:

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
It isn't official yet, but it certainly doesn't look good. The government officials are enjoying their extended paid vacations apparently.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Yeah, I can fly round trip into Saskatchewan for about $350 but I’m not optimistic either about being able to get in. Going to hurt those prairie outfitters for sure.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Trudeau (?) Is a gun grabbing, left wing extremist. He is playing the political game and keeping the border closed. It will open as soon as the Demoncrappers win the election. If Trump gets reelected, it'll stay closed as long as Trudeau can make it happen.
It's not just Canada. Americans can't get into the UK, Fiji,New Zealand, Australia, and Germany I think. The article was on google news a few days back.

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
It's not just Canada. Americans can't get into the UK, Fiji,New Zealand, Australia, and Germany I think. The article was on google news a few days back.
The entire European Union is banning entrance to Americans until we get covid-19 under control, in their eyes. The ban will be evaluated every two weeks, as I understand it.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like a pissing war.

US does not want the Canadians here also. Some that go to FL.for the winter show up in Oct were told they may not be able to winter in FL.
Got family that heads down and they have been in contact with them.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
All because we test more than anyone making our numbers look worse. Just another reason to hope this mess passes soon

Looks like a pissing war.

US does not want the Canadians here also. Some that go to FL.for the winter show up in Oct were told they may not be able to winter in FL.
Got family that heads down and they have been in contact with them.
Americans will just have to spend their money in the USA. Fine with me. Plenty of places to hunt right here. Canadians feel free to come to the U.S. And spend your money. I do feel bad for the Canadian outfitters that count on that income. I saw where ny, nj, were calling for residents of 13 states quarantine for 14 day if they come there. Good luck enforcing that one. Especially with defunding the police. LOL! I hope you get what you are asking for.

Last edited:

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Its been month by month and province by province for the Covid rules. I can currently travel to some provinces but if i had a moose hunt booked in Newfoundland i would be very concerned now
I am hoping that the US/Canada border opens up soon, they keep extending it month by month and to get to my property if i dont sneak through the US it adds another 8-10hrs drive time

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Its been month by month and province by province for the Covid rules. I can currently travel to some provinces but if i had a moose hunt booked in Newfoundland i would be very concerned now
I am hoping that the US/Canada border opens up soon, they keep extending it month by month and to get to my property if i dont sneak through the US it adds another 8-10hrs drive time

I have a moose hunt booked in Newfoundland in October :(

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
I am getting concerned about International hunting for 2021. I run hunts in Africa and they shut down the entire season. We were able to push many hunts back a year and returned deposits to those that did not want to wait. RSA does not plan on opening up to tourist until November. New Zealand is the same. South American duck guides lost their season and many Alaskan outfitters lost there summer fishing clients.
I doubt there will be any hunting shows like Dallas Safari or conventions this winter.

Last edited:

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
I had a very unfortunate situation occur, the outfitter/owner I have used for the past two season in Alberta was killed in Oklahoma by a drunk illegal immigrant. His partner is trying to keep the operation open but he has no idea what will happen regarding US hunters. I also, have one of my long time dreams, a trophy Alberta Mule Deer hunt booked for November. Outfitter lost his spring bear season and has no idea about Nov.

Clark

Ten Pointer
Unfortunate when you lose your outfitter. I arrived in South Africa only to learn my PH had a family emergency and had arranged for a substitute PH. Worked out great, and I agree with the decision, but was very upsetting at the time. Still need a good kudu, though.
We are supposed to be on the Rocky Mountaineer train trip right now, Vancouver to Banff and Calgary. Just rebooked for 2021.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Trudeau (?) Is a gun grabbing, left wing extremist. He is playing the political game and keeping the border closed. It will open as soon as the Demoncrappers win the election. If Trump gets reelected, it'll stay closed as long as Trudeau can make it happen.

Talking with some people who are in Canada. Trudeau is a shining example of why a popular vote is a bad idea. They will flat tell you he is despised by the majority of the country and the only way he got elected was places like Montreal, Toronto etc........the man is hated by the majority of the country by the likes which a US politician has never seen. Problem is, majority of the country is not the majority of the people.................

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Yeah, every year I hunt in Saskatchewan I hear the same thing from my Canadian friends, they despise the lefty cities!