Can I go fishing during lockdown?

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
I sure plan to!!!

Finishing up this week with a big sale to Duke, yep, them...

After that, I'm planning on doing some fishing, no overnights, I can hit Jordon, High Rock, Badin, Randleman from where I live... :)

May even take the wife..... ;)

Maybe will let y'all have a Friday fishing pic of her!!! LOL

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My wife loves the water so much that i cant go without her.....thats ok though, she bought a triton for me for my birthday several yrs ago...hehe...fish on dudes....im going tomm

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
send @Mack in N.C. a PM for a response.

i dont think that fishing per say is discussed as being banned. we do have fun figuring out the boat/travel issues in places that are SIPed.

another suggestion- put crc on ignore before he scares you with felony charges for travel.

Class 2 misdemeanor is the most you can be charged with.

So far only Graham, Dare Counties and the Great Smokies National Park are locked out to fisherpersons as I understand it

Consult your county attorney if you can go fishing and travel by car to get there.

cgrhyne

Six Pointer
Might have to pull out my business card and ID if it is... shoreline inspections are part of the gig. Be a shame if all the crappie ended up going to bed with only one boat to harass them. Wonder if I can get mileage reimbursement for the Ranger 🤔

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Wylie was about 64 in places last week, but i got over 3 inches of cold rain the last couple of days. ..water up and muddy, but im gonna go tomm and ck it out

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
HR was 60 today (surface) bunch of cold water coming down the river (muddy) and as usual the weather man has lied. It has pushed the fish deeper.
We went to Badin Wednesday morning right after that rain, and it was terrible. Temp was 54 in the back and muddy. Came out past the mudline and got a couple bites, but the temp was still 56-58, probably 10 degrees cooler than last week. Crappie didn't like that. Drove down the lake and fished some deeper brush piles, still nothing. We found some fish, they just wouldn't bite. Hoping they are getting back to normal now.

Last edited:

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I went Monday and Wednesday. Both days were great. Monday better for numbers. We caught between 80-100 Monday and saw a few spawners. Most were prespawn. Then Wednesday after the rain I had one of the best days I’ve ever had catching big numbers of big fish. The 2-3 cool nights pushed the fish off the bank and back into staging areas and they were loaded up. Caught a 9.94, 7.56 and a lot of 3-5 pounders. I wish this cool weather would stick for another week or 2. I love this time of the year

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
I'm planning on leaving the house by 5:45 , looks like all artificial baits tomorrow.
3 rods , Light action 6lb. Trilene , Medium 8lb. trilene , Med. heavy rod 14lb. silver thread (copolymer )

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I happen to know the crappie were back to business today. Still not shallow, but their mood is getting right at least.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Caught some white bass, white perch, spotted bass and a smallmouth this morning. Decent bite early.
Missed the early bite on Fontana. Wish we could have been on the water for it. Managed only 5 all day, which surprised me. These were the two best, on a small paddle tail swimbait. 17’ Triton is CDC approved lol.
89E5E631-F926-4DEF-BEA3-2B0C3DC7BAB3.jpegEF9FB5C8-4A55-46FD-A46C-A054BD46BA56.jpeg

la angler

Six Pointer
We got to have some activity might as well give them a try. It should be fine not really close to others

I cant find any official info on it. I have been told by some that there is an exemption for hunting and fishing as long as you are maintaining social distancing guidelines but haven't seen that anywhere officially. I went Monday and plan on going again. I am wondering if they will pull me over for towing a boat? I think at some areas they are having a problem with young folks congregating and partying at some lakes since everything else is shut down. I hope they dont ruin it for us fishermen. Hopefully they will just run the riffraff off and not punish everyone because of some teenagers.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm going trout fishing Saturday or Sunday. It's a 10' boat, I'll put her in the bow so we comply with this social distancing thing but my trout supply is getting low....
Lol, I ask her if it would be alright if we go fishing, she said "you bring the drinks, I'll make the sammiches!"

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
From the NCWRC email.

Addressing the ongoing and unfolding impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic requires unprecedented measures to mitigate the community spread of COVID-19. Each and every one of us must all work together to do our part to limit person-to-person contact in our workplaces and in our communities.
Last Friday, Gov. Roy Cooper issued Executive Order 121 (EO121), which instituted a stay at home order and strategic directions for a statewide unified response to the increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases in our state. Under EO121, all North Carolinians are directed to stay at home, except as authorized in the Order. Outdoor activities are allowed under EO121; however, individuals MUST, with the full force and effect of law, comply with the following Social Distancing Requirements and Mass Gatherings requirements:
Individuals using shared or outdoor spaces when outside their residence MUST, at all times and as much as reasonably possible, maintain social (physical) distancing of AT LEAST six (6) feet from any other person, with the exception of family or household members.
Further, EO121 prohibits any events or convenings that bring together more than ten (10) persons into a single space at the same time.
Please note that local Emergency Orders may require more stringent standards. Prior to engaging in outdoor activities, check local government Emergency Orders for specific requirements.
Hunting, Fishing, Boating and many other wildlife-associated activities can be accomplished in compliance with those requirements; however, based on field observation from law enforcement and other agency professionals over the past week, many people are disregarding the requirements. Those actions raise the clear and present danger of increased community spread of COVID-19.
This is a time for each of us to work together to be part of the solution and not the problem. We are asking each of you to do your part when using any of our access areas. In order to keep these doorways to North Carolina’s public trust resources open, we are relying on the compliance of every person.
Failure to comply WILL LEAD to CLOSURES of boating and fishing access areas.
Gordon Myers
Executive Director
N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission