Calabash ?

jad

Four Pointer
Will be in Calabash this weekend and never been there before. Plan on bring the fishing stuff and hope to wet a line. I see there is a pier in Sunset beach that I can try, and there is always the surf any input on where I might try?
Also any good restaurants recommendations...just in case the fish don't bite

Thanks

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
X2 On Seafood Hut and just a few minutes to Ocean Isle try Sugar Shack, Jamaican fare, go hungry!

Fresh shrimp in surf has worked for us this week for whiting, pompano and spots. If your up for a hike can take a rod to jetty’s from Sunset, it’s a walk though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
There's a little fishing dock on the inter coastal waterway right under the big bridge to sunset, about 20 yards from the NC wildlife boat ramp. I've seen flounder pulled from there before. there's also a little park you can fish from that's across the street from Dave's right there at the bottom of the bridge.

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
Will be in Calabash this weekend and never been there before. Plan on bring the fishing stuff and hope to wet a line. I see there is a pier in Sunset beach that I can try, and there is always the surf any input on where I might try?
Also any good restaurants recommendations...just in case the fish don't bite

Thanks

There's a new oriental restaurant where Derbster's used to be that's really, really good.

Bennett's is a fantastic burger and sandwich joint. It's tiny and not much to look at but it's really, really good.

Dockside has good seafood most of the time.

Christopher's Pizza at the Food Lion plaza near Carolina Shores is delicious. Tony's Pizza is also really good.

99% of the breakfast joints absolutely suck donkey dung and I've been to all of them. One gave me watered down syrup for my pancakes last week. LOL. True story.

There's a big pier to fish at Sunset Beach. Right where all the public parking is.

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
The fishing is absolutely horrible right now down here. Water is the color of tea from all the rain. It’s going to take several days to start clearing as long as it doesn’t keep raining.

jad

Four Pointer
Thanks for the recommendations I now feel a little more prepared, both to fill my belly and do some fishing.
Papa-Smurf
I might try

jad

Four Pointer
Sorry last reply was cut off.....
Thanks for the recommendations I now feel a little more prepared, both to fill my belly and do some fishing.
B-K
Thanks can't go wrong with fishing shrimp in the surf
Papa-Smurf
I might try to find those spots under the bridge to Sunset.... just wondering will the mosquitoes be a huge issue on the ICW?
Jake
Thanks for the update I was wondering how all the rain might effect the fishing ?

Browning86

Six Pointer
The fishing is absolutely horrible right now down here. Water is the color of tea from all the rain. It’s going to take several days to start clearing as long as it doesn’t keep raining.
The color of tea is probably on the optimistic end. Id say burnt motor oil in the back water and black coffee at the inlet. Been at oak island all week and fishing has been awful.

roughrider

Six Pointer
Yea I live up at Shallotte Point(right around the corner from Calabash) and theres not any point going fishing in the rivers and creeks right now. Water in the waterway looks like black water throughout the swamps around Waccamaw.

Seafood Hut was my grandpas favorite on Wednesdays(fish and shrimp plate, dark side of the fish) any other day you can get that at Ellas and that's one of our other favorites. Bennetts is solid, Mama jeans in little river is always good for buffet too.

x2 on Sugar Shack, Causeway gourmet is also the best takeout you will get anywhere in brunswick county, hate eating there though.

Sharkys, Jinx, and Inlet view all have great views and atmospheres but the food is overpriced and not all that amazing, better to go for just a drink and appetizer if youre looking for that sort of thing.

Otherwise good luck, if I can help ya anyway shoot me a DM, pier and surf fishing is probably your best bet though.