Cajun baked duck

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
learning a new duck recipe from one of the fellows here

chopped up onions and apples

898A364C-FAE2-4E55-8F6E-5EC5260842CE.jpeg

took whole ducks,,,seasoned with Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning,,, browned on a little oil (right pan) then transferred to baking pot

000FF9D1-5CE5-43AB-AFCD-999F632AFB66.jpeg

once all the ducks were in that left pot we covered with the onions and apples,,,

took some water to the oil in the bottom of the frying pot,,,made a quick sauce,,and added to the baking pot

into the oven at 350 for 3 hours (yeah,,,like REALLY well done).,,,

that's where it's at now - more as it comes out

hope it's GOOD!! But with these fellows, I have no doubts

Last edited:

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Looks delicious!

A Creole friend originally from Louisiana came over today and fixed us jambalaya. First time I ever had it. It was awesome! He used andouille chicken sausage, chicken thighs, and shrimp for the meats. You've inspired me to try to make it with wild game, @woodmoose!

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
:mosh:
dude! The one time I stumbled backwards into an opportunity to kill a duck, I smoked it with a few ingredients...Tony C’s being one of them. Looks awesome . Onions and apples...seems we have similar taste when it comes to contrasting flavors in a dish. I can smell it thru the screen

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
looks good WM but I never had much success with whole duck. always came out a little on the tough side. plus a lot of work to pick feathers and clean imho

i always breast out and soak in italian overnights. sear on hot grill or cast iron until med/med rare. serve with Uncle B wild rice. quick n easy . wood dux my fav

cb6a2470431e6f4601a89c3f53633a35.jpg

a922fe0b0ae059bc94aa80240bf5f73d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk