By the Water at Midday

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Took a day off from work today and spent some time by this lake on game land around midday. Crossed a creek that flows into it a couple times to get to this side of it. Thankfully, that meant no one else seems to go over there. Picked up the only sign of another person having been there (a beer can) and recycled it after I left the woods.

It was nice to be out there on my own and enjoy some solitude.

Attachments

• IMG_20200109_132055630.jpg
    IMG_20200109_132055630.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200109_125954808.jpg
    IMG_20200109_125954808.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 27

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Nice. You know lot people don't like winter cold leaves off everything looks dead type stuff but I prefer it I love the open woods thick leaf bed on ground and especially like the cold temps winter is peaceful to me I can walk all day 8n winter woods and of course no snakes. wife says I'm nuts she ready for warmer temps and blooming flowers

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Nice. You know lot people don't like winter cold leaves off everything looks dead type stuff but I prefer it I love the open woods thick leaf bed on ground and especially like the cold temps winter is peaceful to me I can walk all day 8n winter woods and of course no snakes. wife says I'm nuts she ready for warmer temps and blooming flowers

I agree with you. I used to hate winter, especially when living in a bigger city. Everything looked so bleak and depressing. Gray skies and cold temps and not much nature to be seen.

I started to like winter when I moved to Southern Pines and could enjoy the beautiful pine and oak-hickory woods in the local park around the big reservoir there. Most of the crowds in summer were gone by winter and me and a few other locals practically had the place to ourselves. The pines kept most of it green and Canada geese wintered there and the temps weren't bad at all most of the time.

Now that I'm hunting during small game season and doing some trapping up here in Person County, I'm starting to love winter. No snakes. No bugs, or hardly any. It's quiet and peaceful. And it's lovely out in the woods, even on overcast days, but especially on sunny days. The cold doesn't bother me now as long as I'm wearing the right stuff for it. Really starting to enjoy it.