Buying 9MM Reloads

CarolinaReaper

As many of you know, for those of us who weren't prepared, or prepared as we would like to have been for this massive shortage in ammo, we are left with no way of getting a hold of any most of the time. Several members here have expressed that they reload ammo and have been for years. Not sure as to how y'all will take this, but, if any of you are in selling some 9MM reloads, I am for sure interested in buying. I am looking to pick up as much as you'd be willing to part with. I'd go $250 for 1000 rounds or $150 for 500. Just food for thought. Have a good one!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Can't do it.
Risk a lot of things by selling ammo with out the proper paperwork.
Would you and your family want to take full risk, and be ok with all damage to property and person? That is in a way what you risk.

Just start reloading. Stick to one say 9mm, stick to one powder, do single stage.
You can get set up for less than 100$ to do it and learn how it is done.
Start with a Lee hand loader, even lee dippers will work with the correct powder.

CarolinaReaper

Can't do it.
Risk a lot of things by selling ammo with out the proper paperwork.
Would you and your family want to take full risk, and be ok with all damage to property and person? That is in a way what you risk.

Just start reloading. Stick to one say 9mm, stick to one powder, do single stage.
You can get set up for less than 100$ to do it and learn how it is done.
Start with a Lee hand loader, even lee dippers will work with the correct powder.

Gadget, when you say can't. I am assuming since you mentioned paperwork, it is then illegal to do so?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
For basic rounds it is still out there. For some that only use a few types of bullets and powder,.yes it can be hard to find.

Powder and primer are big thing.
Easy to cast lead and about any type can be loaded in cast lead.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
There is too much entropy in shooting a strangers hand loads. Not to mention the stated legality issues.

Handloading is rewarding, productive and fun. There is nothing wrong with a lee single stage press and it will load a ton of 9mm.

The place to start is reading a good hand loading book like Lyman 50 or Hornady cover to cover.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The powder and bullet options for pistol loads are crazy, there should be plenty out there.
We used to load 38, even 44 with good ol blue dot for years.
Primers may be a problem,

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
too much liability, sorry.

plenty of components on several handloading forums as well as greybeards, too.

CarolinaReaper

Well thanks for all the input fellas. I honestly didn't know there were legality issues when it comes to that. I suppose it only makes sense though. Oh well, can't knock me for trying.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
^ Maybe reach out to see if anyone near you may be willing to mentor you while allowing you to assemble your components with their tools. Most don't mind helping another get involved in the hobby.

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
Unless you shoot a lot it doesn’t make sense to reload. A lot of folks trying to get into it now just to have ammo. The components are harder to find than ammo now. Just try to find small pistol primers right now. Figure a press, components, time... you will not come out ahead for a few thousand rounds per year.