But it’s a dry heat,,,,

30/06

Twelve Pointer
That’s what they say every time I end up in Arizona for work……still seem to sweat a bit when it gets over 100!

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
my boss is in KC this week, was 100 there and looked like he was a touch warm on the google meet this afternoon

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
Many years ago I spent a few days in Wichita Falls, TX doing tornado damage inspections. We were walking roofs during the summer. After the first day, if you had asked me "how hot was it today", being from NC, I would have guessed around 85F. I looked at the weather report, it was 104F. The humidity makes an enormous difference.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Many years ago I spent a few days in Wichita Falls, TX doing tornado damage inspections. We were walking roofs during the summer. After the first day, if you had asked me "how hot was it today", being from NC, I would have guessed around 85F. I looked at the weather report, it was 104F. The humidity makes an enormous difference.

They actually tend to have their heat index be below the actual air temp value due to the dryness of the air ( DP value ) and its ability to cool you....so 103 out west often feels several degrees cooler....obviously we suffer from the exact opposite, a 88 air temp with a 79 DP has a heat index of 103....we can manage that by 10-11am many summer days around here.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
They actually tend to have their heat index be below the actual air temp value due to the dryness of the air ( DP value ) and its ability to cool you....so 103 out west often feels several degrees cooler....obviously we suffer from the exact opposite, a 88 air temp with a 79 DP has a heat index of 103....we can manage that by 10-11am many summer days around here.

Yep...drawers can be wet by 9-9:30.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
When are you headed to WY?

Kelty and I have a 2 day hunt test in Utah first - we sign in tomorrow afternoon and test Thursday and Friday - banquet on Saturday. A couple of breeders want to check Earl out for gigolo work, so we have that as well

Sunday we drive to Rawlins WY to chase sage grouse in the morning and I go after pronghorn after they are worn out (or to hot)
then on Friday (30 Sept) we slide over to Evanston to chase mule deer for a week. Then if needed we slide back to Rawlins area to continue pronghorn quest or go home

Livin' the DREAM!!:mosh:
:party:

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Kelty and I have a 2 day hunt test in Utah first - we sign in tomorrow afternoon and test Thursday and Friday - banquet on Saturday. A couple of breeders want to check Earl out for gigolo work, so we have that as well

Sunday we drive to Rawlins WY to chase sage grouse in the morning and I go after pronghorn after they are worn out (or to hot)
then on Friday (30 Sept) we slide over to Evanston to chase mule deer for a week. Then if needed we slide back to Rawlins area to continue pronghorn quest or go home

Looking forward to reading about it!

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I was out in Eastern Oregon last year around early July. It was 100ish. We were hanging around waiting on fires. A lady working for me was telling me about "hot yoga ". I had to get her to explain what that was. Apparently it's when you do yoga in a sauna. She asked if I ever did that ( I guess having to explain it didn't answer her question). I said we have something similar to that in North Carolina, it's called going outside. I go sit on the steps of my front porch in the morning and pull my right leg up and put my boot on then I do it with my left leg. When I'm done I've usually worked up a good sweat.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

You in 61? I’m right here. Want me to take a quick scouting trip tomorrow? I’m available. Can mark spots in On X.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You in 61? I’m right here. Want me to take a quick scouting trip tomorrow? I’m available. Can mark spots in On X.

yes, 61
that would be AWESOME!
general season has been open since the 10th so I figure the crowds will have dissipated by the time I get there

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer

Thats where my wife is from. Used to be lotsa sage grouse around. good luck! dont blow away! If you brought a fishin pole, youre real close to the miracle mile.