Burris or Vortex

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looking at the Burris Fast Fire III and the Vortex Venom red dots for a turkey gun build. Is one any better? The prices are within $10 of each other.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Vortex! Customer service is much better than Burris unless something has changed. Vortex warranties the product regardless if bought new or used.

dhsten

Ten Pointer
Burris customer service has been awesome for me, even on things I bought used. I would go with whichever I could find cheaper.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Which ever you fancy. Both have proven track records and no fault lifetime warranty’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Never dealt with red-dots but I own several Vortex scopes now and they’re my favorite of all the scopes I’ve used

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
I've owned (and do own) scopes from both companies. My Vortex stuff has never had a problem. My only customer service experience with Burris was very good.

I had bought a used high end scope and had dropped the rifle it was on and damaged the scope about ten days before deer season. I called Burris and explained what was wrong and my concerns about the approach of opening day.

Me: "How much do you think this will cost?"

Burris: "Just the cost of shipping it here. The sooner we get it the sooner we can get it back to you."

Me : "But I bought it used."

Burris: "We don't care if you were the buyer. We warrant the scope for the life of the scope. The sooner we get it the faster we'll....."

Me: Even if I damaged it?"

Burris: "Yes. The faster you send it........"

I had the scope back with my optics moved to a new scope tube about 7-8 days later.

Lance

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Either is good to go, I’ve used the CS with both companies and they stand behind their products. On my Burris they no longer made the scope I had that was broken (not first owner) so they upgraded me to the current version that was $600 more expensive that my older scope was retail. Vortex repaired my scope mechanically but because there was still superficial cosmetic damage the also sent me a 2nd new scope of my choice in the same price range.
Most companies would not have gone the extra mile both Vortex and Burris did so it’s safe to say if I need a new optic I look at their line ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
In the same boat. I have a FF3 on an AR. Love it, but I'm gonna order a Venom. Whichever one I like better will end up on the important gun....

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I will be interested to see what you decide. I really like my venom but have not owned an FF3

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Actually I’m in the same dilemma looking for a red dot for my daughters little .410

Hard to decide between venom or viper... have considered the Burris

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Actually I’m in the same dilemma looking for a red dot for my daughters little .410

Hard to decide between venom or viper... have considered the Burris

Venon is a 3MOA dot and the Viper is a 6MOA dot..............Some of the older model vipers were smaller but I would recommend the Venom with the smaller dot.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Venon is a 3MOA dot and the Viper is a 6MOA dot..............Some of the older model vipers were smaller but I would recommend the Venom with the smaller dot.
Actually have Venom in 6MOA also

Main reason for looking at Vioer is the very low profile. Don’t want to make the cheek weld too low for my daughter