Buds Gun Shop

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Went by there today while in Tennessee, not impressed at all. Floor space to product ratio....low and only 5 LH guns in stock, big disappointment. Great online prices however, as always.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That is one of the reasons they can be so competitive, volume of sales. It cost them money to stock all that stuff. If they can have it sold prior to them ordering it then they can sell it cheaper. Having thousands of dollars in inventory setting on the shelves is impressive but doesn't make them money.

They are catering to the shooter that KNOWS what they want ahead of time, and has the luxury of being able to wait a little bit for delivery. Yes it is nice to be able to go look and handle stuff but it is also nice to save money. To me I would much rather save money as opposed to go and in fondle something and pay more for it.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Went by there today while in Tennessee, not impressed at all. Floor space to product ratio....low and only 5 LH guns in stock, big disappointment. Great online prices however, as always.

Felt the same way when I visited there. At least you were really close to SMKW, they are always worth a visit.

<>< Fish

double

Twelve Pointer
Buds has gotten to the point now with some distributors they never even take possession of the firearm. It is a super business model. You order and pay them which creates an automatic order with the distributor who they pay in 30 days. Your firearm arrives at your ffl in 1-3 days and you save money they spent no money and made money and everyone is happy. It is a thing of beauty business wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah, if you go in there looking anything other than a pistol or black gun, you’re most likely gonna be disappointed. Hell, I live 4 miles from but if I need ammo or wanna hold a gun, i go to knifeworks.

double

Twelve Pointer
Eds in Vass has just as good if not better pricing and has a lot of inventory also.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ed is a great guy but him being the lowest price now is all on reputation. Many other stores around saw what Ed was doing and now are at or below his prices. Call and price apples to apple and lots of places are cheaper than Ed now but many no longer check prices because Ed is suppose to be the cheapest. The big thing about Buds is no sales tax and free shipping. Take a $500 gun with a $10-$15 transfer fee if Buds and Eds have the same price buds is still $20 cheaper.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ed is a great guy but him being the lowest price now is all on reputation. Many other stores around saw what Ed was doing and now are at or below his prices. Call and price apples to apple and lots of places are cheaper than Ed now but many no longer check prices because Ed is suppose to be the cheapest. The big thing about Buds is no sales tax and free shipping. Take a $500 gun with a $10-$15 transfer fee if Buds and Eds have the same price buds is still $20 cheaper.

Not for me but your mileage may vary though. Eds has taken care of me for 20 years and will continue to get my business. Just this week I saved over $300 on stuff I bought compared to online pricing and other local shops. Everyone has their favorites and Ed and internet has made all the others get competitive which is a good thing but for me if i can buy it from ed or godwins archery thats where I shop.

double

Twelve Pointer
Not for me but your mileage may vary though. Eds has taken care of me for 20 years and will continue to get my business. Just this week I saved over $300 on stuff I bought compared to online pricing and other local shops. Everyone has their favorites and Ed and internet has made all the others get competitive which is a good thing but for me if i can buy it from ed or godwins archery thats where I shop.

When I am around I still stop by Eds. Have for almost 20 years however I can beat his prices most days without having to drive to Eds. If your near Wadesboro his prices can beat as well as if you are near Asheboro. Lots of dealers have figures out today its all about volume.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
I'm in Fayetteville and have only been to Ed's twice but both times I found his prices to be slightly higher than expected based on the reputation. As others have said, I could find everything I was looking for cheaper elsewhere.

Southern

Ten Pointer

Buds collects sales tax now.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Buds collects sales tax now.
Everyone does from what I gather, with online sales, unless you live in a state with no sales tax. A buddy and I ordered something on a coupon together and shipped it to his brother in New Hampshire...The savings was substantial since the order was over $1k.