Buckshot

ncdeerhunterRC

Four Pointer
Anybody have any tips on where to find buckshot? What's led to the shortage? People hoarding like toilet paper?

Last edited:

mdunker

Ten Pointer
I have about 20 very old 00 and 000 12 Gauge Remington Magnum 2 3/4. Cleaning out my father-in-law's ammo chest after he passed last year. If you are ever in Greensboro area yours if you want them. I will not use them. Pm me if interested.

ncdeerhunterRC

Four Pointer
I have about 20 very old 00 and 000 12 Gauge Remington Magnum 2 3/4. Cleaning out my father-in-law's ammo chest after he passed last year. If you are ever in Greensboro area yours if you want them. I will not use them. Pm me if interested.

I very much appreciate the offer but my shotgun is a 3". I talked to my friend who has a gun shop. He was able to get 5 cases a couple of weeks ago and sold out in 2 days. Said people are hoarding for personal protection and also there is a materials shortage causing a manufacturer problem related to the COVID-19 crap.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I very much appreciate the offer but my shotgun is a 3". I talked to my friend who has a gun shop. He was able to get 5 cases a couple of weeks ago and sold out in 2 days. Said people are hoarding for personal protection and also there is a materials shortage causing a manufacturer problem related to the COVID-19 crap.

You do realize a 3” gun will shoot 2 3/4” shells and you don’t HAVE to have 3” shells, right?

ncdeerhunterRC

Four Pointer
You do realize a 3” gun will shoot 2 3/4” shells and you don’t HAVE to have 3” shells, right?

Yes I know. Beggars can't be choosers. I prefer a 3" (just a personal preference - they do a better job on the hogs IMO). I may have to get what I can get but thought I'd hold out a little longer before I change my mind.

Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Saw where Cabela's advertised Herter's 2 3/4" 00 buck. Price was good too. Shot was also buffered. Found a little on Ammoseek.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I have been told that the munition plants are firing back up and shortages should start to decease. We'll just have to wait and see.

Southern

Ten Pointer
This ammo shortage has been bad but not as crazy after obama got elected. Hell even 22 ammo has been easy to find. I think so many of the big ammo hoarders got there fill years ago and this time it has been the smaller guys who may have just purchased a gun for the first time. I don't think there has been as much government buying this time either. Hang tight, my guess is ammo will be available and cheaper soon. Buy it when it is on sale, not now.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Saw a few boxes at the at shop across from Greenville Marine. I think it was all 2 3/4". Had a few Rio #4 and 00 and 3 boxes of Federal. That is the most I have seen several stores around eastern NC.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If I had the choice between a 2.75 and a rock....I think id take the 2.75"
One of the guys in the club I am in has a M2 and I have seen him make some shots that were exceptional. One day I noticed he was putting 2 3/4" shells in it. I commented about it and he said that is all I have ever shot in it. Soooooo, that tell me right there it is all in what the gun likes.

Reactions: DRS

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
The only difference between 2.75 and 3" is 3 pellets and the shorter is faster.

Shooters had to lead further with a 3" so when they shoot the faster 2.75 they forget to lead less and it shoots in front of the nose, this is why they feel 2.75 don't perform 😁

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Eastern NC indoor shooting, formerly Shooters, had a few #4B and about 3 boxes of 000 B. All Remington.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Ammoseek has some listings of the good stuff at reasonable prices for a 12 ga. The 20 gauge stuff sold out quick.