Bucks chasing

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
A good friend guides bird hunts at Moree Sporting Preserve in Society Hill. He was told, last night, by the guy who calls him to line up him coming to guide 9 nice bucks were shot this past week. All were chasing does. If he gets pictures I'll share them later.

Last edited:

Buck_Slayer

Four Pointer
A good friend guides at Moree Sporting Preserve in Society Hill. He was told, last night, by the guy who calls him to line up him coming to guide 9 nice bucks were shot this past week. All were chasing does. If he gets pictures I'll share them later.

Wouldn’t doubt it. Starting to get really cold around my area..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
I haven't seen or heard of any chasing here down east. My observation in bow and ML and cameras see no chasing. But I was talking to my buddy last night about the run phases. Should be any day now....

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I've seen chasing from rd driving one was real nice buck. but it's preliminary stuff were still 4 to 5 weeks here till things really heat up

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This one was trailing a doe yesterday in Vance County. He gaveSTC_0021.JPG

me all kinds of angles, but am holding out for something better. The doe wanted no part of him...

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
IMO......the bucks are just bouncing from group to group looking for that first hot doe......first week of November chase will be on central to eastern......not sure about mountain zones....

I prefer this time period over the full rut.....bucks are on their feet alot

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
I got scrapes and seeking but haven’t seen any chasing
802e3cbd992f7e64dbd9d3e04d09300f.jpg

This guy came by me Saturday nose to the ground looking for love.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Pretty normal from what I’ve seen over the years. Was surprised nobody saw a good buck at the club this weekend. Weather was perfect. A few little bucks were pushing does.

Reactions: DRS

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn't think it would be abnormal to see bucks harassing does this time of year. Bucks are ready, not many does are. Peak still weeks out. I too, prefer to hunt now, when the bucks are constantly looking.

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
One of the guys in our club in Halifax County took a nice 8 point last Friday that was grunting and trailing a doe. The doe wanted no part of him. The next few weeks should be prime time.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
They are chasing in hyde county right good. Wife missed 2 on saturday. One was pretty good and the other was a real dang good. I was about to pull my hair out watching it unfold. 🤣

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I got scrapes and seeking but haven’t seen any chasing
802e3cbd992f7e64dbd9d3e04d09300f.jpg

This guy came by me Saturday nose to the ground looking for love.

From what I can tell of that deer I would put him on the wall....lol

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
if you watched his posts youde see why that one got a pass.
@BASSFAN07 has as good of trail cam pics as you'll see for NC.
I know of one gentleman besides @BASSFAN07 who routinely has pictures of that class of deer that he passes on. He’s also the only gentleman that I know for a fact has killed at least one officially scored 130” class deer in NC every year for the past 6 or 7 years.

There are certainly lots of hunters that post deer of that caliber, but most don’t pass them repeatedly nor intentionally.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I know of one gentleman besides @BASSFAN07 who routinely has pictures of that class of deer that he passes on. He’s also the only gentleman that I know for a fact has killed at least one officially scored 130” class deer in NC every year for the past 6 or 7 years.

There are certainly lots of hunters that post deer of that caliber, but most don’t pass them repeatedly nor intentionally.
indeed. One of my expert friends is hard to relate to on deer. What he kills versus the norm is incredible.
The last year we could kill 4 in the central zone he downed four140s. One with a bow two ML and one gun.
He does it all with zero baiting.
and has zero interest in bragging.
A rare bird indeed.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I hunt with a guy that has killed some brutes......never shares a picture and only cut the horns off. I have only see the ones he kills if I happen to be there when he kills one, other than that you would never know it.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
indeed. One of my expert friends is hard to relate to on deer. What he kills versus the norm is incredible.
The last year we could kill 4 in the central zone he downed four140s. One with a bow two ML and one gun.
He does it all with zero baiting.
and has zero interest in bragging.
A rare bird indeed.

My buddy generally hunts West of I-77, which to me makes his success even more impressive. He’s a bow guy, usually kills a doe or two with a ML or a rifle, couldn’t tell you the last time he killed a buck with anything besides a bow. I know he let a legitimate 130”+ 8 point walk last year because he was only carrying a gun to kill “one more doe for the freezer”. Even though he had that 8 point at 25 yards for almost an hour.

He’s definitely a different breed. He often makes me a little sick if he shows me trail cam pictures. Or even worse videos where he lets “big” bucks walk.

Have been told by multiple customers that bucks are chasin down here in SE NC. Thought it was a little early but have heard it from 5 or 6 different guys. Plenty of nice bucks being brought in

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Took my cousin's son on Sunday. Bladen County. Doe steps into the path, and 100 yards further down, a buck pops out. Doe lifts her tail, and keeps it up while making her way to him. Gets to him, turns into the brush. He puts his head down and follows right behind her. Yep, I'd say it's ON!