Bucks chasing

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Other day spotted a nice buck that looked like he was in a rutting stage. Huge swollen neck. Thought maybe he was just a big bodied deer. This morning had two different bucks dogging this group of does all over this grown up field. Neither of the two bucks was the big boy from the other day bug was a cool experience to see none the less. Anyone else seeing any kind of rut activity this early?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Other day spotted a nice buck that looked like he was in a rutting stage. Huge swollen neck. Thought maybe he was just a big bodied deer. This morning had two different bucks dogging this group of does all over this grown up field. Neither of the two bucks was the big boy from the other day bug was a cool experience to see none the less. Anyone else seeing any kind of rut activity this early?
yes. always have.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Killed a doe last night and she had wet tarsals that were pungent. I have seen some new small bucks on camera. I’m assuming they are following the smell of hot does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cheapdate

Eight Pointer
What part of the state are you in - East, Central or West?

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I’ve walked about 15 miles through prime country in the last 10 days.

Found a total of 1 scrape and 3 horned trees.
Bucks still hanging together as well.

Not even close for the mountains yet.

Brother in Lowcountry S.C. is getting into their peak from now till Halloween.
He’s had pics and vids of bucks chasing since the last week of Sept.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
They're getting a little interested here in Moore,got a couple pushing each other around pretty well on cam,decent bucks not little ones.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
My target buck worked a scrape 9pm Oct 3rd. Another small buck and couple does have worked the same one. Same little buck pushing does.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk