Buckhorn dam

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Took kayaks out there yesterday playing around. Didn't fish much just paddling around. Nice to see busted beer bottles and beer cans. EVERYWHERE!! I sure wish people would clean up there mess.

Attachments

• IMG_2641.JPG
    IMG_2641.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 93
I fish there quite often as its only a 15min ride, theres some pretty good fishing down there. It's been this way since I can remember, you better not walk barefoot around the launch area. Wish they would put a barrel up for trash, they have a barrel at the Lillington Wildlife access, they have signs that say call this number when trash is full and the guy comes and empties the barrels.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Kinda like my local game lands...soon as you get out of your vehicle you see the dump someone started...including several tv’s

NC Quailhunter

Six Pointer
Looks like most public places around here. People are disgusting. I never understood why some one would drive way out to dump some trash instead of half the distance to the dump or a satellite dump to get rid of things. It really is a shame.

Last edited:

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
It’s been like that for years. Not implying the OP is, but if it makes you feel any better, the people who frequent that place the most are 10x’s trashier than the area itself..................

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Looks like most public places around here. People are disgusting. I never understood why some one would drive way out to dump some trash instead of half the distance tot eh dump or a satellite dump to get rid of things. It really is a shame.
I say the same dang thing! It’s more trouble than just doing the right thing. Like a man that’s spends every work day figuring out ways to show up late, leave early, and do jack :donk:donk:donk:donk while he’s there...all that hassle...it’s easier just to work hard !!!

It’s been like that for years. Not implying the OP is, but if it makes you feel any better, the people who frequent that place the most are 10x’s trashier than the area itself..................

Agreed, most of the ones leaving the trash and beer cans and bottles are the people who ain't even fishing. They ride down there drink a few beers throw they trash and roll out, they may even start a fire and leave it going. I see it every time I go down there.