BRP and evinrude

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They announced today that production of evinrude outboat production will cease for good....they signed an agreement with mercury marine to supply outboards for their boat lines...didnt think that would ever happen many yes ago

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
I hadn't seen a boat with a new Evinrude on it in years until a couple weeks ago. Saw a Parker with two on the back. Talk about a waste of money. That brand died with the two-strokes.

ducknut

Eight Pointer
I hadn't seen a boat with a new Evinrude on it in years until a couple weeks ago. Saw a Parker with two on the back. Talk about a waste of money. That brand died with the two-strokes.
There's a bunch of them on commercial boats over here on the north side of the albemarle. Of course there's a dealer here too. Some of them have really high hours and very little maintenance. My neighbor has a 115 on a 23 Chawk. It's a net reel boat. It's somewhere between 7000 and 8000 hours. That's pretty impressive considering the lack of mantinence and the boat with all the gear is probably underpowered. Seems like you either got a good one or a bad one. I feel liked they shot themselves in the foot with the G2's. Heavier and more expensive when everyone is going lighter. I've always liked the G1, but the G2 is a bit too expensive to gamble on for me.