Brown Trout in Edgecombe County?!

pir8rn

Six Pointer
Hey y'all, pulled this guy out of Indian Lake in Tarboro a couple weeks ago. Looks to me to be a brown trout, but I wanted to ask the experts.
Indian Lake is stocked by NC Wildlife with channel cats, but I can't find anything about any other species. They have added a retaining wall and a water agitator, so I was wondering if this was a new stocking program or the like. Can't find any info on the website, and didn't know if any if you had any inside information...

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I spent close to an hour on the website looking for information on this... Is it for any particular reason?

cuzz???

heck I don't know,,,I just know they stocked a lot of lakes up that way with trout this year,,,must of had a surplus of hatchery stock this year

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I spent close to an hour on the website looking for information on this... Is it for any particular reason?
Look for Dec trout stockings they been doing this for while 8n ponds small lakes have to in winter due to out that way water to warm. They stocked mid Dec. There nice thing to do gives people chance catch few that may not get to otherwise

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I figured this thread was about catching shad in the Tar off the pipe at the wastewater treatment plant. We always called them turd wrestlers. :ROFLMAO:

But anyway... Nice brown trout. (y)

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Also the WRC is maxed out on hatchery space so they have to stock some of these larger trout to have room to grow the fingerlings for the next batch of trout to catch.

I'm sure this is also a way for shedding surplus trout and creating hatchery space.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
https://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Fishing/documents/Winter_Trout_Stocking_final.pdf Due to weather the actual stocking occurred on 12/20.

We caught one yesterday afternoon, along with my whale of a catfish! LOL Caught plenty of other sunfish.
1547045350235.png

Attachments

pir8rn

Six Pointer
Diggin' up an old thread I know, but I found this year's stocking schedule here.
Looks Like Indian Lake in Tarboro will be stocked on the 16th. There's also a couple places in Durham and Wake counties if anyone is in that area and interested...

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
No. Think the most people i've seen there is like 6-8 including me. Website will stay up to date as to when its stocked. Last year it was delayed due to snow and it was pushed off a week, website reflected that

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
No. Think the most people i've seen there is like 6-8 including me. Website will stay up to date as to when its stocked. Last year it was delayed due to snow and it was pushed off a week, website reflected that
Lucky to not be crowded, there were bout 30 surrounding pond I was at this morning but ok still had limit in 35 minutes lot fun