Bristol dirt...

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Just seems gimmick'ee to me ...why not go to eldora....leave bristol alone....the pj compound is ok, but let them race on concrete..
.....i like bristol the way it us....ill watch it though...the boys will put on a show im sure...

I grew up watching dirt tracks in GA. I find it interesting but will see how it plays out. Turned the race off at AMS! The race sucked.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Just seems gimmick'ee to me ...why not go to eldora....leave bristol alone....the pj compound is ok, but let them race on concrete..
.....i like bristol the way it us....ill watch it though...the boys will put on a show im sure...

many best friend races super late models there this weekend. It was way racier than when cars testedin prior weeks. He made the show both nights for supers . My other friend works for Jonathan Davenport, and they won last night. They supplies Kyle Bush’s car.

Don’t knock it til you watch it. It’s better than any asphalt race, I’ll tell you that much.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I’m a dirt tracker at heart so I will tune in. It will be interesting to see how the bite goes throughout the race. Any bets on who tries to dope?

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I can’t wait for it. Something different. It also helps that next time they hit asphalt I’ll be there.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
many best friend races super late models there this weekend. It was way racier than when cars testedin prior weeks. He made the show both nights for supers . My other friend works for Jonathan Davenport, and they won last night. They supplies Kyle Bush’s car.

Don’t knock it til you watch it. It’s better than any asphalt race, I’ll tell you that much.

I grew up watching dirt tracks in GA. I find it interesting but will see how it plays out. Turned the race off at AMS! The race sucked.

truck was was a snoozer....xfin was until truex sped on pit road late in the game then it got interesting.....cup was too until the last 15 laps....NOBODY saw that coming.......they're set to repave atlanta after the july race.....chatter online is maybe re-config to the old oval like it was back in the the 90's.....

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
It’s funny after last week with Larson dominating that they are headed to dirt race with Freightliner as his sponsor! Clear a path guys!

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Great in theory but in execution the race will disappoint other than all the wrecks. Running it in the day time and the length of the race (250 laps) will make it less exciting than people expect. There's a reason most dirt tracks run at night, with the track drying in the sun a lot faster. There is already talk of it being a one groove track too, unless a half the field steps out early and lays some rubber in another groove. Ill still watch it though.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I got tickets. My boys and I are sitting high up in turn two. Can't wait. My buddy was fastest in practice last week in his mod. Didn't make the big show because his car broke during the qualifier.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Great in theory but in execution the race will disappoint other than all the wrecks. Running it in the day time and the length of the race (250 laps) will make it less exciting than people expect. There's a reason most dirt tracks run at night, with the track drying in the sun a lot faster. There is already talk of it being a one groove track too, unless a half the field steps out early and lays some rubber in another groove. Ill still watch it though.
I’m guessing about the same. A single high groove about 5 feet of the wall.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
I got tickets. My boys and I are sitting high up in turn two. Can't wait. My buddy was fastest in practice last week in his mod. Didn't make the big show because his car broke during the qualifier.

ya'll have fun!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Any channels showing all the dirt racing during the week at Bristol? Kyle Larson has already runn Lord knows how many laps so far.

I didn't realize it'd be run under the sun. Good Lord I'd want to sit at the TOP row for that race!

And yeah, I'll be watching it.

I'd like to see a comparison between the laps times of the modifieds, late models, outlaws and or and Cup cars.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Also,

I don't think this is a "gimmick". Maybe for the cup race? Maybe. But LOTS of people even on this site over the years have groaned how many of the better drivers cut their teeth on dirt tracks, while guys who about never raced on dirt would rise to the top.

Now we get to see.

And Bristol isn't doing this just for the Cup race. I believe it's about a month long (investment?) string of awesomeness if your a racing fan from the South.