Brian Kelly to LSU

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Urban to ND? Or maybe Fickell?? This is sure a CFB silly season!
Fickell and wife seem very content in Cincinnati & has stated as such. He's been approached about P5 jobs before, but hasn't taken the bait yet. I figured he was waiting or hoping for OSU or Notre Dame opening. Could be his opportunity.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I think we are seeing the biggest shift in college football in a long time. Riley and USC and Kelly at LSU are going to be game changers in my opinion. Urban at ND will never happen. They are one of the schools that I believe still have some morals. The trickle down effect is going to be something else. A year in which ND, LSU, UF, OU, USC, and who knows what is coming, have coaching changes is amazing.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I think we are seeing the biggest shift in college football in a long time. Riley and USC and Kelly at LSU are going to be game changers in my opinion. Urban at ND will never happen. They are one of the schools that I believe still have some morals. The trickle down effect is going to be something else. A year in which ND, LSU, UF, OU, USC, and who knows what is coming, have coaching changes is amazing.
I don’t see much changing tbh.

Riley couldn’t win big when he was handed a perennial power program on auto pilot, much less the perennial dumpster fire that is USC.

Kelly hasn’t won big either, but when/if he does at LSU it won’t be a shift. Saban, Miles, and Ogeron have all won Nattys there in recent years.

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
He’s crap….leaves his recruits with a chance at playing in Natl Championship

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I don’t see much changing tbh.

Riley couldn’t win big when he was handed a perennial power program on auto pilot, much less the perennial dumpster fire that is USC.

Kelly hasn’t won big either, but when/if he does at LSU it won’t be a shift. Saban, Miles, and Ogeron have all won Nattys there in recent years.
I think Riley will have USC at the same level that OU is now with the talent in California. That would equal them winning the PAC12 on a regular basis and getting into the playoff. How many times has the PAC 12 done that? So I see that as a shift. I think Kelly will get LSU into the playoffs. I think they will quickly become the 3rd best program in the SEC behind UGA and Bama. I think this will kill Texas and OU's chances of the playoffs if the SEC does "pods" the way I have seen them projected. Other than their one special year in 2020 LSU has not been relevant on the National seen on a regular basis in several years. I see that changing. Kelly will be able to get athletes much better than what he had at ND. That is not always a sure path to success but I think he will make it work. We also have to wait and see the trickle down effect of ND, LSU, USC, UF, and OU hiring coaches in the same year. I just think all this could lead to a shift in college football. But we will wait and see.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Probably a good hire.

...or not.

just read this elsewhere...

$90M guaranteed to a coach whose 20 year D1 record consists of:

One Mid American Conference Championship
Two Big East Conference Championships

International Bowl win
Papa John's bowl win
Sun Bowl win
Music City bowl win
Citrus Bowl win
Camping City Bowl win

$90,000,000

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Do you guys see Kelly working on his new fake 'southern accent' at LSU introduction the other night? What a total jerk. Instead of pulling against ND now, I'll be pulling against LSU. Which of course matters to one one but me.