Breathable Waders

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Yep, i ordered mine from Rogers and they came in a FT box but had rogers on the straps and a label on the front pocket with Rogers.

CountryRN, As far as the briar pants idea, mine have the briar type material from the thigh area down. Not sure if you have a different model than mine, they area going on 5 years old now. Ive walked throuhg briars, limbs, cypress knees, and oyster shells and mine held up fine.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Up date on my frog toggs........they are falling apart. I am not pleased at all. The have started to get a leak in the left boot, the stitches are wearing out, and the stupid knee pad type things are ripping as well. I guess I will try Rodgers next time.

Mike, been doing a lot of “research” on waders since I’ll be getting another pair next year. When all’s said and done, my money is on the High N Dry waders. Yes, they are a no frills wader (no hand warmer, shell holder, removable liner) but the 2 guys that own the company built them to commercial quality, everyday use. The reviews are very good and they really stand behind their product. Several YouTube reviews about them, well worth checking out.

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
Mike, been doing a lot of “research” on waders since I’ll be getting another pair next year. When all’s said and done, my money is on the High N Dry waders. Yes, they are a no frills wader (no hand warmer, shell holder, removable liner) but the 2 guys that own the company built them to commercial quality, everyday use. The reviews are very good and they really stand behind their product. Several YouTube reviews about them, well worth checking out.
Thanks! Day two of a wet foot! Going back to my neoprenes for the rest of the season. I have been trying to reach frog toggs with no luck. I am starting to get a bit mad! I will look into them. You don’t have any yet?

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Yep, i ordered mine from Rogers and they came in a FT box but had rogers on the straps and a label on the front pocket with Rogers.

CountryRN, As far as the briar pants idea, mine have the briar type material from the thigh area down. Not sure if you have a different model than mine, they area going on 5 years old now. Ive walked throuhg briars, limbs, cypress knees, and oyster shells and mine held up fine.
I think we probably have the same model. Mine have some briar covering over the legs as well but just didn't know how tough it was. Thanks for the report.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Thanks! Day two of a wet foot! Going back to my neoprenes for the rest of the season. I have been trying to reach frog toggs with no luck. I am starting to get a bit mad! I will look into them. You don’t have any yet?

Not yet and yes they are out of the most common sizes until the spring. I’ll be getting some for sure. Had in the Banded wader what I was hopping to be a great wader but had surgery and developed a leg blood clot that swelled my foot to the point I wasn’t going to be able to get my foot in it. So I sold them and have decided to go with the HighNDry next year.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
who is still using the Rogers elite 2 in 1? I received a pair yesterday and they fit great and have one of the best boots I have put on. Overall they seem like they have decent quality except with the add ons like the shell holder, chest pocket, and hand warmer. My hand warmer has a blow out in the middle of of it along the seam a few inches long. I am calling them today, new out of the box SMDH. The chest pocket is just 2 pieces of material single stitched together. The edges are not finished or turned inside. The shell holders are just single stitched without any bar tacks. They might hold up fine but I have my doubts. I can get over those small details if they hold up and don't leak since they are the most comfortable waders I have tried on especially in the boot. For the money though a little better sewing is to be expected.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Heard good things about them for the most part. If High N Dry’s shipment keeps getting delayed I’m gonna be forced to get something else in which that 2 in 1 would be a strong consideration. Does the boot pretty much fit to your actual shoe size?

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
who is still using the Rogers elite 2 in 1? I received a pair yesterday and they fit great and have one of the best boots I have put on. Overall they seem like they have decent quality except with the add ons like the shell holder, chest pocket, and hand warmer. My hand warmer has a blow out in the middle of of it along the seam a few inches long. I am calling them today, new out of the box SMDH. The chest pocket is just 2 pieces of material single stitched together. The edges are not finished or turned inside. The shell holders are just single stitched without any bar tacks. They might hold up fine but I have my doubts. I can get over those small details if they hold up and don't leak since they are the most comfortable waders I have tried on especially in the boot. For the money though a little better sewing is to be expected.
Geez...Honestly sometimes I think they're better off without that stuff since it just adds failure points.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair from an Amazon brand. Tidewe or something similar. I actually much prefer the stockingfoot variety anyway, I like being able to tie the boots tight like a hockey skate.

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Geez...Honestly sometimes I think they're better off without that stuff since it just adds failure points.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair from an Amazon brand. Tidewe or something similar. I actually much prefer the stockingfoot variety anyway, I like being able to tie the boots tight like a hockey skate.
Careful with TideWe. My wife recently bought a pair for me. Much too narrow and their customer service is terrible. I’m going to try to sell them or gift them to family as I can’t use them.

Clark

Ten Pointer
Going into year 3 with the Cabelas Breatheables. Had a leak in the crotch almost immediately after buying, stopped that with a little marine silicone sealant. Had them out a couple times this season and they are working fine🤞 for now.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
My Rodgers held up well last season (first season in them). They have been hanging up by the boots in my garage beside my cabelas super mags which are ancient but still bone dry. Garage is not temp controlled so we will see how well they survived soon. I have no false illusion that I will ever buy another pair that last as long as those super mags have, but if I can get 3 or 4 seasons out of the Rodgers set, I will buy another pair to replace them. They are by far the most comfortable set of waders I could have hoped for.