Braised "Venison" Shanks with Garlic

KrisB

Ten Pointer

I had made this recipe before and loved it, so I decided to make it again the other night. I used lamb shanks since I don't have any venison. I followed the recipe to a tee, except I didn't mess around with the whole basting/painting the shanks in the oven thing. I just let it cook on its own in the liquid. The lamb came out nice and tender and the braise is very light and a little sweet, but not too much. This one is a keeper! Would love to know how it is with venison!

Last edited:

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

I had made this recipe before and loved it, so I decided to make it again the other night. I used lamb shanks since I don't have any venison. I followed the recipe to a tee, except I didn't mess around with the whole basting/painting the shanks in the oven thing. I just let it cook on its own in the liquid. The lamb came out nice and tender and the braise is very light and a little sweet, but not too much. This one is a keeper! Would love to know how it is with venison!
If I’m successful on that muzzleloader hunt, I’ll send you home with some venison and you can try it out.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I’d be happy to share with you as well. Let me know what you’d like and we’ll make it happen.