Bowtech SS34

careyhamil

Eight Pointer

Eastern Outfitters provided me with an opportunity to test drive the SS34 on my home range for a week. The bow is everything that I read from others on archerytalk. In the comfort setting, it was very easy to draw and just sent arrows down range with little to no jump or vibration. In performance there was a stiffer draw, sharper drop off into a solid back wall. There is a little more jump at the shot, and a bit of vibration. Not enough sound or vibration that I would have worried about it enough to stop me from buying. It is a very comfortable shooting bow. The back wall is solid in either setting and very easy to get and stay on target with. I did not like the grip texture, or lack there of at all. The angle, and width are very comfortable and repeatable, but the slick hard plastic doesn't cut it for me.
As far as tuning goes, after setting to specs, I shot a few shots through paper to establish a baseline and made an adjustment on the deadlock system. I came out the next day and bareshafted through paper, and had pretty much a bullet hole in three shots. If your looking closely you can somewhat make out that it actually had a very slight nock lock tear, but it was close enough for the purpose of what I was doing. To finish the set up I threw on a cheap old spot hogg 5 pin, and aligned the sight at 20 yards. Once, I was on there, I shot at the 30 and 40 yards marks. The SS34 was holding some pretty impressive groups for having shot it for 2 days and not having stabilizers or a peep. Later, I threw on some stabs, and started driving tacks with it. I didn't get all of the shooting on video. But I got quite a few shots through it before I took it back.
When I took it back to the shop, we shot it through the chrono and tested with a decibel meter. Here is what we got:

Comfort: 255 fps avg/ 75 decibel avg
Performance: 266 fps avg/ 76 decibel avg

I was really impressed with the bow. As stated earlier, I thought it met the expectations I had after reading other reviews on social medial. The thing one that stands out to me on the bowtechs is the balance and hold. I found it and the Carbon One to be very easy to hold on target, they are just rock solid. Hope you all enjoy the video.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Draw weight, draw length and arrow weight? Just curious. My old shoulders are looking for some relief.

Edit.... I obviously didn't watch the video first. Sorry. 🤣

coachcornbread

Ten Pointer
E1FB2549-01B9-44AD-827D-0D29345A1817.jpeg
909E75EE-669D-4994-A37F-372743FAA5D0.jpegEB28DE23-11FF-42F7-9100-EFAC4FA25F49.jpeg
Finally got mine in and rigged out. Being a Tennessee fan I went with that theme on the build, and it came out perfect. Don’t have any speed numbers off it yet, but she will fly and the draw cycle is like butter!

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Eastern Outfitters provided me with an opportunity to test drive the SS34 on my home range for a week. The bow is everything that I read from others on archerytalk. In the comfort setting, it was very easy to draw and just sent arrows down range with little to no jump or vibration. In performance there was a stiffer draw, sharper drop off into a solid back wall. There is a little more jump at the shot, and a bit of vibration. Not enough sound or vibration that I would have worried about it enough to stop me from buying. It is a very comfortable shooting bow. The back wall is solid in either setting and very easy to get and stay on target with. I did not like the grip texture, or lack there of at all. The angle, and width are very comfortable and repeatable, but the slick hard plastic doesn't cut it for me.
As far as tuning goes, after setting to specs, I shot a few shots through paper to establish a baseline and made an adjustment on the deadlock system. I came out the next day and bareshafted through paper, and had pretty much a bullet hole in three shots. If your looking closely you can somewhat make out that it actually had a very slight nock lock tear, but it was close enough for the purpose of what I was doing. To finish the set up I threw on a cheap old spot hogg 5 pin, and aligned the sight at 20 yards. Once, I was on there, I shot at the 30 and 40 yards marks. The SS34 was holding some pretty impressive groups for having shot it for 2 days and not having stabilizers or a peep. Later, I threw on some stabs, and started driving tacks with it. I didn't get all of the shooting on video. But I got quite a few shots through it before I took it back.
When I took it back to the shop, we shot it through the chrono and tested with a decibel meter. Here is what we got:

Comfort: 255 fps avg/ 75 decibel avg
Performance: 266 fps avg/ 76 decibel avg

I was really impressed with the bow. As stated earlier, I thought it met the expectations I had after reading other reviews on social medial. The thing one that stands out to me on the bowtechs is the balance and hold. I found it and the Carbon One to be very easy to hold on target, they are just rock solid. Hope you all enjoy the video.
Whats your draw length and any idea on arrow weight?