Bows and arrows

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Everyone have there field points and broadheads stacking together? I shot a few broadheads earlier this week. Wow my tune was off. Had the bow stacking field points for 3D and general yard shooting. Group tuning and walk back tuning don't do much for a broadhead. I had to go grab a bare shaft and tune back to that. Got slick tricks and wasp drones stacking great to 40 yds. My group moves and opens a bit at 60yds. Not that I am going to shoot a deer that far but.. I think my bow pushing a light arrow fast its tough to get that broad head tune. Head takes over fletchings sooner. 4 fletch blazer style vanes.
Grabed a dozen pro hunters 340s 9.3 gpi .
I was shooting bloodlines at 8.2 gpi.

Im going to start tuning up a perfect 6 Pro hunters for the quiver in the next few weeks.

Spin test and square.
Bare shaft shoot each shaft and rotate nocks to impact all the same, index and mark them. Then fletch and shoot with feild points to make sure they group.
Then I will shoot check them at 40yds with the head that will be married to the arrow for the upcoming season. Hit the blades with the sharpener and let em ride.

Good luck this year. I have seen a lot of deer this year running around!

If anyone is in central NC and needs someone to spend time with them on there equipment let me know. Don't go screwing on broadheads and flinging them at deer without knowing where they hit. Cheers

Last edited:

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
"Accuracy is an obsession" a friend told me. I call it attention to detail, wish more had it....
Guess I'll be sitting this bow season out, first time in years. Probably be rehabbing from a shoulder replacement....

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Early archery season is bittersweet for me. I usually just end up "deer watching" up a tree with my bow in my hand. The bucks don't start showing up until late late October … and they are there for the girls. I'm not going to shoot the best buck bait I've got. So, I usually end up not shooting a thing until ML anyway. <shrug>

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
"Accuracy is an obsession" a friend told me. I call it attention to detail, wish more had it....
Guess I'll be sitting this bow season out, first time in years. Probably be rehabbing from a shoulder replacement....

Stem cell injections.
Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Shooting a compound had my shoulder hurting so bad I had to stop. My doctor put me on Meloxicam and now I can shoot without it bothering me. I'm sure Meloxicam full time isn't good either. You've probably already tried that or something similar, but I thought I would mention it.

DarrinG

Six Pointer
Everyone have there field points and broadheads stacking together?

Yep. Spin tested all. Shot all. All tuned and ready.

K0QeNqh.jpg

40 yards with 2 field points and one Magnus Black Hornet 4 blade in that group.

My trad bow is ready too. Shooting Zwickey Deltas great.

DarrinG

Six Pointer
Yes they do Kiler. For me anyhow. I've got plenty of carbon shafts laying around and always gravitate back to aluminums. Currently shooting XX78 Super Slams. Down to my last dozen too. :(

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah it was a shock the first time I saw the difference between the 2. Tried a few different combo’s till I found a set up that stacks the same poi, granted I shoot a xbow not very bow but the idea is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk