Border with Canada....

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
so the govt of Canada is opening the border to "fully vaccinated" drybacks on August 9th,,,,

that's good,,, hunts and fishing will commence again (and other lesser touristy stuff),,,

I've been in comms with the Outfitter in Newfoundland for my 2022 hunt,,, been booked for 2 years already but that may slide to 2023 due to him working through his backlog - depends on quotas and such,,,

may end up making that hunt even more "epic" and add another species,,, I'm booked for Woodland Caribou, but will likely add a moose,,, I'm moose hungry and the NE states aren't liking me,,,

may have to plan a fishing trip now,,, go for some walleyes, brook trout, and northern pike,,,, booooyaaaa

Last edited:

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah. I'm glad to see the border get opened finally. Some of my friends are scrambling together plans to hunt. My plate is full so I'll have to wait a few more years.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns

Border reopening plan facing roadblock as thousands of border officials consider strike action​

Make sure you have a back up plan, this could get ugly

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
We're excited to hear its reopening. Mom and I were originally booked for 2020 Moose Hunts in Newfoundland which got pushed to 2021. Hoping the lack of pressure from last year will make it that much better this year.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Aren't you technically still a Yankee?

5h6zwo.jpg

you do know that yankee,,, when used by folks from the south, is a derisive term?

I know it's popular for folks from NORTH carolina to get pissy about people from northern states,,, but dang,,,,

I never considered myself a "yankee" except in the international sense (foreigners call all citizens of the USA "Yanks"),,,

to me, a "Yankee" is a person from the NE states,,,

Yankee,,,, dang

KrisB

Ten Pointer
5h6zwo.jpg

you do know that yankee,,, when used by folks from the south, is a derisive term?

I know it's popular for folks from NORTH carolina to get pissy about people from northern states,,, but dang,,,,

I never considered myself a "yankee" except in the international sense (foreigners call all citizens of teh USA "Yanks"),,,

to me, a "Yankee" is a person from the NE states,,,

Yankee,,,, dang

I didn't mean it in a derisive way, but, yeah, I know, southern people tend to use it that way. And, yes, we Americans are "Yankees" and "Yanks" to the Brits and I'm sure others.

It's alright. If I'm really lucky, I'll go shoot a turkey on my own in the spring and send you pics to prove it happened! :D

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Wow!!! I didn’t know you could be that harsh @KrisB

I can. I just usually keep a tight lid on it. It tends to come out now with this taxi driving job. The traffic in this area is insane with all the people moving here from up north, military families trying to escape Fayetteville, etc. There isn't a curse word strong enough for some of the crazy drivers around here.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can. I just usually keep a tight lid on it. It tends to come out now with this taxi driving job. The traffic in this area is insane with all the people moving here from up north, military families trying to escape Fayetteville, etc. There isn't a curse word strong enough for some of the crazy drivers around here.
I’m sure I can find a suitable string of curse words…. 😁

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Border reopening plan facing roadblock as thousands of border officials consider strike action​

Make sure you have a back up plan, this could get ugly

what are they protesting? Having to deal with Americans again??

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
what are they protesting?
Currently no CBA, last agreement ended i think in 2018, they want $$$
The harassment and discrimination thing is just a method to get the money. I can just imagine how it would work if they were being harassed
"turn around your not welcome"
"sorry is too late, now bugger off"
"cavity search time"

yeah i tend to be nothing but polite crossing the border regardless of the experience - yes sir/m'am