Boone

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Just saw where Boone town council passed a resolution that prohibits anyone not a resident of Watauga county from entering ANY retail establishment, including restraunts, unless they have sheltered in Watauga county for 14 consecutive days. They say violators can be charged with a class 2 misdemeanor. How stupid is that?

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think they have opened a can of worms there...who's going to ask for ID to make sure those restrictions can be enforced? The retailers that have lost money for the past 2 months from similar BBS restrictions? I think not.
And if there are people who need something from a store how is it anyone's business where they are from? Discrimination or protection....where have we heard that before?

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Boone has changed a lot since I first went up the mountain in 1988. I love that place and it is a huge part of me and my family. This resolution is silly and unenforceable, charge away, it will never stick. That being said I will likely not be back until we move the girl child into her apt in August. However, if I needed to go this weekend I would and not worry about it.

CarolinaReaper

So what about the college students returning in the fall? I have a couple friends who are now living at home, but are hoping to return in the Fall for classes. And to boot, what about the out of state students?

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I wonder if upon entering they offer to make you reservations to stay at a nearby hotel or B&B? Might be a way to fill up some local hotels. lol.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Just saw where Boone town council passed a resolution that prohibits anyone not a resident of Watauga county from entering ANY retail establishment, including restraunts, unless they have sheltered in Watauga county for 14 consecutive days. They say violators can be charged with a class 2 misdemeanor. How stupid is that?
way past damn stupid maybe silliest YET.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe this is the new norm ?
You live and shop in the same place? You are not allowed to commute out of your resident county or state to work ?

Relinquish papers on demand ? US Gestapo enforced !

Big old pile of hot, steamy, horse crap !
My daughter still lives in Boone. I hate the city. I don't go there but then again I don't have to. Daughter graduated.

Stupid people in power are either idiots or communists. It seems nothing is being done correctly.
A mess over this flu-like virus.

poppy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
People deserve the government they elect (or tolerate). If the good people of Boone don't like what just happened, they have the power to change it. As for me, Boone doesn't have a single thing I can't get somewhere else.
Ever since the students have been able to vote in local elections only ultra liberals have been elected to town and county offices.
Town council is totally democrat and only one Republican on county commissioners and he's not running for reelection in November.
Take a squirrel monkey and say it's a democrat and it will be elected in Boone.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Would not take but a couple stores to just lock their doors and say, NO, we are not going to be a party to this and those BS directives would be gone faster than a fart in a whirlwind.

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I read that this resolution will expire June 16th I think. But still beyond crazy.

Wow I hate to hear that the libtards took over Boone. Last time I was up there I bought some clear corn from a fellar. Cant believe the locals would tolerate that. I was hoping is was just a case of trying to keep the covid out of town by only allowing residences.

Last edited:

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
The big chain stores, I could care less about. The private stores and restaraunts are what is most important.
City councils.... 2020 translation = group of idiots. SMDH

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
It was all designed to keep the old folks that migrate from Florida for the summer from showing up and bringing Covid.

NC 270

Eight Pointer
Some of the confirmed Covid cases in Watauga was brought in from Charlotte by a construction company working on a project for ASU, or at least that's what I've been told.

Vannoyboy

Eight Pointer
Boone is not Boone any more. The days of friendly down to earth mountain neighbors is over in Boone. Yankees and Cubans have taken over and trying to run Boone like they ran the places they ran from. Let's make a deal with them. We won' t come to Boone if Boone will just keep these ill mannered know it all, carpetbaggers in Boone. They are rude, ugly, selfish, and they talk so fast you can't understand anything they say. I just had to get that out. Now I'm going to get off my soapbox and eat some runny eggs, livermush and catheads with cream gravy.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Boone is not Boone any more. The days of friendly down to earth mountain neighbors is over in Boone. Yankees and Cubans have taken over and trying to run Boone like they ran the places they ran from. Let's make a deal with them. We won' t come to Boone if Boone will just keep these ill mannered know it all, carpetbaggers in Boone. They are rude, ugly, selfish, and they talk so fast you can't understand anything they say. I just had to get that out. Now I'm going to get off my soapbox and eat some runny eggs, livermush and catheads with cream gravy.
You might want to explain catheads so some of the forum libtards don't get PETA involved.;)

poppy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
FYI
After much public outcry and facing legal challenge the Boone town council voted to drop the 14 day self isolation for visitors.

double

Twelve Pointer
FYI
After much public outcry and facing legal challenge the Boone town council voted to drop the 14 day self isolation for visitors.

Its a test like the extension of the states shutdown. Democrats just trying to see how far they can push the envelope before it pushes back. Rest assures when the smoke settles we will have lost rights that we will never get back. Its a shame most republicans are god fearing decent people if we weren’t there’s a lot we would be fighting about right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk