Boone area trout fishing

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
So some of you may have noticed I haven’t been in much the last year. Going through a nasty divorce can cause you to withdraw, and pull away. I’m now looking to find some new spots to fish. I’ve spent most of my life fishing around Brevard but now I’m located close to Boone and trying to find some decent public water to explore. I’m not looking for “your spot” of cyber scouting. Just some info to lessen the learning curve of the different streams.

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Here are a couple areas outside of Boone area,
Helton Creek (DH) 38 miles NE'ish Hwy 16/ Helton creek rd to VA line

Upper Lineville River (HS) Hwy 181/221 Pineola/Crossnore area. I have only fished close to the campground

Lost Cove creek (CR only) Off Mortimer rd/ old Mortimer rd and 181. Beautiful area, Nice waterfall, big swimming hole. Trail hike down to the stream from a small parking pull off. Only been there 1x.

Just outside Boone:
Watagua River (DH) Valle Crucis Behind the Mast General Store, Off Broadstone rd.
Dutch Creek (HS) Valle Crucis Off HWY 194s (never fish there-want to)

Middle Fork South Fork New River (HS) Tweetsie Railroad area, river follows 321. Some guys I work with, have spoken highly of this river. Parking in the Tweetsie Railroad parking lot, It does get hammered due to easy access.

Last edited:

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Was going to post on here but Valet beat me too it. Ive caught limits from every creek he listed. Plus another couple that are hatchery supported are Beaverdamn creek, Meat camp creek, laurel creek and beech creek. Its a miracle I graduated from APP on time with all of those creeks/rivers at my disposal lol.

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
If you want a challenging river but amazing an amazing fishery, head over the Mtn to Tennessee and the South Houston tailwater. Can be pretty technical but the results once you figure it out it can be very rewarding. When they turn the generators off it is a simple river to wade and stalk fish, big fish! If interested, feel free to message me.
.D2BF9B31-68DC-42EE-91FD-A22538C3C546.jpeg95C0C87D-B1A2-432B-B495-1B0653B81628.jpeg6FD2C863-A71D-4897-9B7A-5CED8E14F745.jpeg

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Was going to post on here but Valet beat me too it. Ive caught limits from every creek he listed. Plus another couple that are hatchery supported are Beaverdamn creek, Meat camp creek, laurel creek and beech creek. Its a miracle I graduated from APP on time with all of those creeks/rivers at my disposal lol.
Same here. Between the trout fishing and deer hunting it was hard to pay attention…