Bonds for unc-ch... athletics ?

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I always find it comical that unc cheat wants to extract more money from the tax paying citizens for athletics, while they sit on a $5.01 BILLION dollar endowment... They spent north of 35 million "that can be documented" on scandal related expenses that didn't come from tax payer funded sources... so they say... AND they made a mockery of the education model that is so coveted by this states politicians.

And now they ask for money to further the cartel that controls the university? If I was a gambling man, I'd bet they get the money without any resistance. Because we all know that unc cheat is a sports entity masquerading as an educational university.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
$ 5.01 BILLION ???!!! We could use that to build the BORDER WALL!!!
Now wouldn't THAT make their liberal little pinheads explode!! :D :D

So now I reckon gone are the days they brag on "private funds built kenyan stadium and the nose dome" ??

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Their big donors are either tapped or tired of paying after footing the bill for the scandal and Fedora’s buyout. I really hope they get told to pound sand. They’re asking to abuse a law that wasn’t meant to fund athletics, and in a big way.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Their big donors are either tapped or tired of paying after footing the bill for the scandal and Fedora’s buyout. I really hope they get told to pound sand. They’re asking to abuse a law that wasn’t meant to fund athletics, and in a big way.
uh, state got two of these. LOL

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
how much were the two bonds that state got? Im just curious
From the article (and this included the bonds to NCSU):

“The agency approved eight requests totaling nearly $157 million from foundations at five universities for student housing between 2001 and 2009.”

State’s share of that $157M was ~$12M.