• At some point over the next few days NC Hunt and Fish will be migrating to a new server. We are not changing our hosting provider, but we are changing machines within that provider. The reason is that an external vendor, cPanel, has increased the price of their software and we need to migrate to a different control panel. When the migration occurs, the site will be unavailable and it will remain unavailable until the DNS servers are populated with the new IP address. This could take a day, but usually happens overnight. Once the site goes down you should clear your cookies and cache in your browser so you no longer attempt to connect to an old instance. Instructions will be posted on the old server so people who are stuck there will know how to find the new server.

Boat battery chargers

Loganwayne

Six Pointer
I can’t get my head wrapped around how to use a multi bank charger. I have 24v trolling motor and then boat runs off 12v. Is there a way to charge both at the same time without having to separate the trolling motor batteries every time or will i need to have to separate bank charges one for 12v and one for 24v?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spinnerbaitor48

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I use 2 bank charger for my 24v system...i do not charge my cranking battery with these because i run my electronics off of cranking battery....i just put a trickle charger on cranker every once in a while...no real reason, i just feel better. ..have heard some horror stories about chargers frying electronics...dont know anyone first hand that it has happened to though

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
I use multi bank charger. I do turn the master switch off and disconnect the trolling motor before charging. Quality boat chargers these days are designed not to cook your batteries. Just buy a decent three bank charger and you will be all set.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I use the battery tender 900ma or 5 a.
The batteries have a plug on them and just plug them up.
Easy, cheap, works, plus the chargers can be use on the trucks, ATV or anything.
Not a fan of the hard mounted in the boat chargers.
Also, not a bass fisher for say. Catch some for bait but not spending all day running the batteries down like they do.
I can fish all weekend for the most part before I need a charge.

spinnerbaitor48

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I use multi bank charger. I do turn the master switch off and disconnect the trolling motor before charging. Quality boat chargers these days are designed not to cook your batteries. Just buy a decent three bank charger and you will be all set.
Yep! forgot to mention the master switch......a must have

sll

Four Pointer
Get you a 3-Bank charger and you will have one bank connected to each battery. You can get by with just a 2-bank charger and hook to your trolling motors only since the alternator on your engine will charge the cranking battery. But if you run a lot of electrics or do a lot of night fishing I would get the 3-bank.

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
I have 4 batteries in my boat. Used to have the "On-board" chargers = Hell of a lot of weight. I mounted my chargers on my shed wall and used a 9 pin trailer connector to connect the chargers to the batteries. That took about 50 lbs out f the back end of the boat.

Loganwayne

Six Pointer
so main reason im looking at a bank charger that keeps batteries charged and topped off is my boat sits in an unisulated shed. sometimes i dont get to take my boat out for a while and the cold will kill the batteries between trips.