BMW Drivers

Lakeview Bear

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Some good stories, I’m slow

I maxed the speedometer out on a 1993 Ford ranger one time….85mph

I have never driven a vehicle faster than that haha
Did the same in '94 ranger, speedo needle went past 85 and down around the overdrive D when it hit the limiter.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Passed a city cop one night, I had been braking for a loooong time. He flipped around and pulled me over said I was going 60 in a 35. I was surprised. I maxed out my Corolla at about 130 mph seconds before. Yeah. Corolla. I worked on it a lil bit and gave it 434 hp to the wheels. Anyway he didn’t give me anything but a warning! Meanwhile high point pd gave me one for 4 over…

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had a 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ that had a speedo that topped out at 100 MPH. I had it buried on multiple occasions (>20 times), but never got caught. It had a 6 speed manual, and would top out in 5th. Shifting into sixth would drop it under 100. I grew up watching the Dukes and I drove that Jeep like it was General Lee. Who knew that a jeep would drift, but I'd shift into 2nd at about 3k rpm's and turn it hard right and the back end would slide out every time. Had it on 2 wheels on multiple occasions too (maybe 5 times), but never rolled it luckily.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I had a 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ that had a speedo that topped out at 100 MPH. I had it buried on multiple occasions (>20 times), but never got caught. It had a 6 speed manual, and would top out in 5th. Shifting into sixth would drop it under 100. I grew up watching the Dukes and I drove that Jeep like it was General Lee. Who knew that a jeep would drift, but I'd shift into 2nd at about 3k rpm's and turn it hard right and the back end would slide out every time. Had it on 2 wheels on multiple occasions too (maybe 5 times), but never rolled it luckily.

I had an old CJ with the 304 and it would pop a wheelie. I don’t think that was good for it.