BMW Drivers

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I was in a gravel lot off the side of the road this AM putting air in a tire (who knows why it was so low, probably nail #3,584] when a guy in a shiny new $90k M5 wheels up, rolls down the window, and offers help. I said I was good and he kept rolling.

Never assume anything about others.

(Also, I used to drive a 5 series before I had 37 kids).

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
yeah, phone call is one thing. getting out of said BMW and actually helping or even knowing how to help is a whole different story.😂

But still give the guy props for stopping.
look up accidents in china. people just drive around pedestrians that got hit. let's hope it does not come to that here.

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
My wife and two girls all drove them several years ago. The girls for safety reasons ( inexperienced drivers at the time ). They all are good people too. Like they say, never judge the book by its cover……

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
There’s a good reason why the stereotype is there… enough of em drive aggressively that people take notice.

BMW is known for producing arguably the best driver’s cars in the world. Bad drivers think owning one improves their driving abilities.

Those cars are meant to fly. I still had mine when the last segment of 540 was built and usually empty after 8 or so. I would occasionally wind it up and let it roll on that empty highway.

That car was super smooth at 120+

Thank goodness I never passed a cop doing that.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Was gassing up on 98 in Raleigh, had 4 wheeler in back. Had a guy in a Ferrari or lambergini pull up and start talking hunting. Not sure if he was a “real” hunter or not.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I blew by one in Virginia sitting on the on ramp. I was running 134 mph. All his lights came on, then went back off. I was less than 5 miles from the NC line.
I didn't let up. I guess he figured he couldn't keep me in sight to cross the line.
That was about 1989.

thandy

Ten Pointer
When younger I passed one on the back wheel of my bike. I set her down, dropped a gear, and hit the gas. I was on a 2 lane country road a few miles from my house. I parked the bike behind the house, took off my helmet and was walking to the mail box when he when by my house... I smiled and waved!

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
In 1976 on July 4th I passed 4 state troopers sitting on the side of road doing about 90 on Honda 350 4 cyl with hooker header 4 into 1 no baffles loud wasn’t the word. This was on a country road in Polk county. After about 2 mile run with nowhere to go clutch cable broke couldn’t down shift they caught me before I could get turned on another road ended up meeting another trooper in front of me Result was 4 tickets with 3 different barges on 4 ticket. Glad they didn’t find the pistol I had in the pouch on the sissy bar pad

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I don’t have any particularly good vehicle stories from my wayward youth days. Mostly bc I didn’t get away with any of them and ended up locked up every damn time . I blame the oppressive systemic police state....

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
There was this other time in DC, I was doing 145 mph on a V-45 Honda Magna. The bike wasn't even mine. I didn't have a motorcycle endorsement. I was in the District of Washington. All kinds of things could've gone wrong. Barely got the thing slowed down enough to take the exit at South Capitol street.
Stupid. I was 19.

I was in a gravel lot off the side of the road this AM putting air in a tire (who knows why it was so low, probably nail #3,584] when a guy in a shiny new $90k M5 wheels up, rolls down the window, and offers help. I said I was good and he kept rolling.

Never assume anything about others.

(Also, I used to drive a 5 series before I had 37 kids).
Every one should help out the elderly! ;)

SnowMaker

Eight Pointer
Back when the TN cops had unmarked Mustangs, I had a friend who came around in his dad's Vet. Thing wasn't stock. Pulls up beside cop at red light and revs it. Don't know what was in that Mustang but it was eating the rear end of that Vet. When we stopped my buddy was told not to do that again but it was fun, couldn't believe we weren't in cuffs

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Some good stories, I’m slow

I maxed the speedometer out on a 1993 Ford ranger one time….85mph

I have never driven a vehicle faster than that haha

That reminds me of a time I drafted a trailways/greyhound bus out of Montgomery, AL in an F100 with a 300 six, three speed. Buried the needle, but started running hot.

I kept trying to stick the nose out to get some air in the radiator, but couldn't get far enough out without too much drag and had to back off. I have no idea how fast I was going, but that truck never went faster.