Blue fin

dobber

Twelve Pointer
i was feeling "blue" about not being able to fish last year down there, decided to bing watch Tuna wars or what ever its called off the Outer banks. I hope the borders open up this year so i can get down there at least once

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
Last week when we went bottom fishing out of Masonboro, bluefin boats were 2-3 miles off beach. Where the food supply is.

Woods and water

Eight Pointer
I have zero interest in catching one but I like to hear the local guys catching them . Five hour fights just isn't for me. I fished with a guy that has been doing it for years and his fights last about 10 minutes. Green stick, hydraulic bandit reel and a rusted 270 . I don't think he is real popular with the tuna crowd šŸ˜‚

Wilmywood

Button Buck
How much per lb they averaging?
All depends on the quality of the fish. He has had one fish that only brought like 1.25 a lb. A lot of it has to do with how well you take care of the fish once you catch it. Such as swimming the fish on a rope behind the boat for an hour or two to get rid of the lactic acid that builds up while the fish was being fought. Then bleeding it after.

They also won't know how much they are getting for the fish until after it goes to market over seas.

HotSoup

Twelve Pointer
All depends on the quality of the fish. He has had one fish that only brought like 1.25 a lb. A lot of it has to do with how well you take care of the fish once you catch it. Such as swimming the fish on a rope behind the boat for an hour or two to get rid of the lactic acid that builds up while the fish was being fought. Then bleeding it after.

They also won't know how much they are getting for the fish until after it goes to market over seas.
Jesus thats sad....I'd pay $1.25 all day and twice on Sunday!