Blind hog found a couple acorns

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Hard to miss when it was set up perfect all week except today. Fished Thur/Fri/Sat(today). Lots of toothy and winged tackle busters too, lots of blues as well. Didnt fish for any eaters, but saw plenty of sea mullet caught. Got two Thursday and some Friday. Struck out today, no drum caught this afternoon by anyone and couldn’t get my number drawn for the small bite this AM.
81986EF4-362F-4AD7-AC0B-1C741D8BF300.jpeg
F51306E5-386B-40D7-86C2-AE12653B4B5E.jpeg20968229-6F17-44F9-A169-1F288BE586CA.jpeg

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nice ones. If I could just get your mind right you would quit them things and just stick to the toothy ones anyway. More of them, better fight and you just gonna chunk 'em back anyway.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Nice ones. If I could just get your mind right you would quit them things and just stick to the toothy ones anyway. More of them, better fight and you just gonna chunk 'em back anyway.

I stuck one about 6-7ft yesterday. I think I told you that. I put the heat to him and finally got him close, trying to recoup some tackle, and he rubbed me off.

Guy I had fished beside some yesterday and today stuck one tonight right before dark. Same size. He got rubbed off too.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I stuck one about 6-7ft yesterday. I think I told you that. I put the heat to him and finally got him close, trying to recoup some tackle, and he rubbed me off.

Guy I had fished beside some yesterday and today stuck one tonight right before dark. Same size. He got rubbed off too.
Yeah, I hate to think of the $ worth of tackle I donated to those devils the first year to I got the learning curve down pat on them. But I had a few good years messing with them to I couldn't tussle with them anymore.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
dang, I'm gonna have to make the effort to do that again one day - haven't been since the mid 80s and that was only once

boy am I a sorry fisherman,,,,,,,waste time doing other things

Nice fish Sir!!

Smarr28

Spike
Justin will you be willing to share what kind of set up you use? I shire fish a lot and have never caught anything like that. Just looking for advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Justin will you be willing to share what kind of set up you use? I shire fish a lot and have never caught anything like that. Just looking for advice.

CTS S7 13’ 1305 or 1306 (I have both)
Penn Fathom 12 Star drag
Berkley Pro Spec Chrome (mono) 16lb main line, with a spider hitch
Berkley Big Game 50lb shock leader, no name knot back to spider hitch
3ft of 80lb Berkley Big Game “handle” double uni to shock leader
barrel swivel and 1/2” inch 100lb Berkley big game to a 10/0 gamakatsu octopus J or large circle hook of your choice

Chunk of fresh bait,

Cast and wait

Smarr28

Spike

CTS S7 13’ 1305 or 1306 (I have both)
Penn Fathom 12 Star drag
Berkley Pro Spec Chrome (mono) 16lb main line, with a spider hitch
Berkley Big Game 50lb shock leader, no name knot back to spider hitch
3ft of 80lb Berkley Big Game “handle” double uni to shock leader
barrel swivel and 1/2” inch 100lb Berkley big game to a 10/0 gamakatsu octopus J or large circle hook of your choice

Chunk of fresh bait,

Cast and wait

That’s awesome, Thanks! I plan on hitting the Outer Banks in 3 weeks. Looks like I will need to go shopping. Thanks again.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
That’s awesome, Thanks! I plan on hitting the Outer Banks in 3 weeks. Looks like I will need to go shopping. Thanks again.

You’re welcome. You can get by with less expensive set ups and off the shelf tackle, but, it’s my guilty pleasure and I like to know that all of my components are top notch.