Blackhorn 209 in stock.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
BH on shelves at the local Walmart. Grabbed a extra bottle as I was getting low.

Me too! Was shocked to see it, grabbed another bottle. Glad I bought 6 boxed of CCI mag 209s when I switched to BH pre-covid. Already gave a few boxes away to other members of the Hunt club but will be hanging on to the rest.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
I got a can yesterday.whats a good load in a cva wolf. Going to get a breech plug .and shooting federal primers. I figured I would start at100 he. And see how it does shooting 245 pb and 250 smack down.and 240 g. Lead hollow points Have some elr 325 g. Also read where it need magnum load. Figured I usually don't shoot over 40 to 50 yards they would knock the crap out of one.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Being up front it’s not so much a need right now but I won’t turn down a fair deal. Like fuel tanks I don’t wait until I’m out, especially now after the last year and a half. I’ll PM.

Ok, just let me know what you need.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I got a can yesterday.whats a good load in a cva wolf. Going to get a breech plug .and shooting federal primers. I figured I would start at100 he. And see how it does shooting 245 pb and 250 smack down.and 240 g. Lead hollow points Have some elr 325 g. Also read where it need magnum load. Figured I usually don't shoot over 40 to 50 yards they would knock the crap out of one.
The TC Impact, CVA Wolf, and CVA Optima we have all prefer 90 gr BH209. Shooting 240 jsp in green sabots.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The TC Impact, CVA Wolf, and CVA Optima we have all prefer 90 gr BH209. Shooting 240 jsp in green sabots.
We worked up a load of 80gr for @YanceyGreenhorn and his Wolf. It liked it a lot. With shots for him likely limited to under 100 yards. I think that will be just fine.

He’s shooting
80gr by volume BH209
240 gr Hornady XTP
Hornady Green sabot

This setup was producing sub 1” groups.

Last edited:

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We worked up a load of 80gr for @YanceyGreenhorn and his Wolf. It liked it a lot. With shots for him likely limited to under 100 yards. I think that will be just fine.

He’s shooting
80gr by weight BH209
240 gr Hornady XTP
Hornady Green sabot

This setup was producing sub 1” groups.
By weight? That's more than a 100 yard load. Max load is 120 gr volume which is 84 gr weighed. 100 gr volume is 70 gr weighed. I'm shooting 90 gr by volume.